Prayer for all fathers

Let us pray that God will give all fathers strength to make proper role models for their children. To give their children the support and the security they will need to become secure, confident, happy, productive, giving and God loving adults. This includes men who feel that by working 60-80 hours per week is providing for their family or those who feel they won’t be missed when they leave their families to setup housekeeping with a woman other than their wife and mother of their children who are lost in Satan’s folly.

God, please help all men to understand and give them the strength to be the kind of father that Joseph was to Jesus.

I pray that my father is being cleansed in Purgatory. I pray will all my heart that God gave him the mercy to get to Purgatory and that we may mend our wounds in the afterlife.

In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and shall be forever.

Amen :signofcross:

Dear Saint Joseph, dear Saint Joachim, please pray for all fathers that they may imitate you, and like you, spend eternity embracing our Lord Jesus Christ in heaven. Amen.

This is such a great need in our time, so many men never saw what it meant to be a father, and have no idea how to do it. They need our prayers badly, and more so do their children. St. Joseph, pray for us!

I don’t think men have a clue what they do to their children. People think that children are very resiliant, but in too many cases they aren’t at all. It took me 49 years to understand why my father did the things he did. I still think he should have known better and been more responsible, but I understand, but not so much forgive. I pray that we will see each other again in heaven(?) and straighten things out.

For all fathers that they truly reflect the Father to their families

Litany of St. Joseph

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.
Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God, the Father of Heaven, have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world, have mercy on us.
God the Holy Spirit, have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, One God, have mercy on us…
Holy Mary, pray for us.
St. Joseph, pray for us.
Renowned offspring of David, pray for us.
Light of Patriarchs, pray for us.
Spouse of the Mother of God, pray for us.
Chaste guardian of the Virgin, pray for us.
Foster father of the Son of God, pray for us.
Diligent protector of Christ, pray for us.
Head of the Holy Family, pray for us.
Joseph most just, pray for us.
Joseph most chaste, pray for us.
Joseph most prudent, pray for us.
Joseph most strong, pray for us.
Joseph most obedient, pray for us.
Joseph most faithful, pray for us.
Mirror of patience, pray for us.
Lover of poverty, pray for us.
Model of artisans, pray for us.
Glory of home life, pray for us.
Guardian of virgins, pray for us.
Pillar of families, pray for us.
Solace of the wretched, pray for us.
Hope of the sick, pray for us.
Patron of the dying, pray for us.
Terror of demons, pray for us.
Protector of Holy Church, pray for us.
Lamb of God, who take away the sins of the world, spare us, O Lord!.
Lamb of God, who take away the sins of the world, graciously hear us, O Lord!.
Lamb of God, who take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. .
V. He made him the lord of his household.
R. And prince over all his possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, in your ineffable providence you were pleased to choose Blessed Joseph to be the spouse of your most holy Mother; grant, we beg you, that we may be worthy to have him for our intercessor in heaven whom on earth we venerate as our Protector: You who live and reign forever and ever.
R. Amen.

Let’s us continue to pray for these men.:gopray2:

:byzsoc:

St. Joseph is my patron Saint. Please pray for me. I am a Catholic man who is married and the father of two great kids. My real problem is my lack of faith in the Catholic Church. I have begun attending Protestant Services. I wish I had a zeal for the Catholic Church but alas I don’t. I can’t really explain why but I feel compelled to leave the church. My wife and I met on a Franciscan retreat years ago. My wife has been praying for me. I see St. Joseph as my last hope. I ask for his intercession that God my somehow open my eyes and my heart.
Thanks, God Bless! Joe

:gopray2: I prayed that beautiful litany for you.

As a catholic and a man, and a father I pray for you Joe.

May you feel the presence of Christ on your life, may you find holiness in his Church and may you move closer to his throne every day.

Praying for you, Joe…

Praying for all fathers and for Joe especially.

May all real men come to know the true love of God as their role as a husband, father, or good shepherd to their family is revealed to them. With open minds and hearts, may they hear the words, listen to the words, and follow the path they are given as a gift for being a father or husband to their families.

It is indeed a most precious gift and should be held on to tightly and a duty never taken lightly.

:amen: :highprayer: :signofcross:

I will pray for all fathers.

:gopray2:
I’m praying for you Joe.

I’m also praying for all the Fathers of babies that miscarried. Many times people only comfort the mother of these babies and the father is left to cope alone while maintaining a strong front for his wife.

Thanks,
I just feel abandoned by God. I lost me job,our son has Autism. I’m such aa failure as a husband and dad. My wifes love for me has kept me going. i just am so weak. I have no male friends here, my dad is dead, has been for years. My God is silent.:frowning:

I’m so sorry to hear what you are going through. Please know that you have NOT been abaondoned by God! God is here with you. He may even be speaking to you through people on these boards. I will say a litany to Our Lady of Perpetual Help for you tonight for you to have Our Lady’s arms around you to comfort you in this time of need.

I will also say an intercessory prayer to St. Michael for the strength that you need.

May God Strengthen and Protect you!

I’ll pray for you… meanwhile, could you take your time and look at this?

forum.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=2323296#post2323296

Some years ago I sat next to a woman on a flight who told me about her autistic son. I have a mildly autistic Nephew and have seen some of the challenges. He’s a great kid.

I didn’t say this to her at the time, but I remember thinking that God must think pretty highly of her. I know that as an employer, I give the tough jobs to my best people.

For my dad who is no longer of this world. May he rest in heavenly peace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.