Prayer for all who are trapped in the sin of masturbation

I too like many other men today struggle with the sin of masturbation. I’m trying to kick it but its so hard! I ask that you pray for me and for all those like me who a trying to seek freedom from this sin which has a grip on my life and other’s lives :frowning:

Please pray for us

Praying for those engaged in the sin of masturbation and impurity altogether.

Will do!!

By the GRACE of JESUS have I kicked this habit, and I pray, and beg and beseech the LORD that HE keep it this way…

Please, please Brother, Listen to what I am about to say:

1. Pray the Rosary-Daily, no exceptions

2. Confession- Weekly- This is what will work the HUGE MAJORITY of the Graces You need to kick impurity!!

3. EUCHARISTIC ADORATION- This will change Your life, as long as You encounter HIM hidden inside the Monstrance, Go, go, go, go as much as You can!!

4. Start a devotion to St. Joseph, the Patron of purity, and arguably the most pure saint after the Blessed Mother. Prayers, novenas, the Litany, the Cord of St. Joseph, ANYTHING to do with St. Joseph!!

5. Start a devotion to St. Maria Goretti, the Patroness and martyr of purity.- DO IT!

6. Start a devotion to the SACRED HEART of JESUS- When You contemplate and picture on just how loving this HEART really is, You won’t want lust anymore, all sexual promiscuity will appear to be the stalest dust compared to the HEART of Hearts.

7. Keep Holy Water on you at all times, buy a little plastic bottle to slip in Your backpack, or pocket, and whenever You get the urge, Dip the finger in, and make the sign of the CROSS, with earnestness and conviction! satan can’t stand Holy water- St. Teresa of Avila

8. Keep a Blessed Item with you, next to your bed etc. A picture of the BLESSED MOTHER, a Crucifix, A statue, anything that is a sacramental and blessed! When you get the urge, STARE at the image, I mean STARE!!

9. Get a plastic rosary with a crucifix/cross on the end. Have it in your pocket. When You get the urge, put your hand in your pocket, grab the Rosary crucifix, and SQUEEZE! squeeze till it hurts, real bad, that should drive those thoughts away.

I hope this helps, I heard it from a Vortex by Michael Voris and a Wonderful Spiritual Director!

Lord, hear this petition to free those who are gripped by this lustful sin, that they receive abundant grace and aid and angelic help to remedy this disorder. Mary, pray with us. Amen.

Lord, free all of us who struggle with purity, grant us the grace and strength to live chaste lives.

Kyrie Eleison.
Christe Eleison.
Kyrie Eleison.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst woman and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.

Saint Joseph, pray for us!

Lord have mercy on us please :frowning:

St Philomena pray for us!

St Thomas Aquinas, who inspired the formation of the Angelic Warfare Confraternity (angelicwarfareconfraternity.org/), pray for us.

We fly to your patronage,
O holy Mother of God.
Despise not our petitions
in our necessities,
but deliver us from all dangers,
O ever-glorious and blessed Virgin.

Praying.

I found this wonderful prayer in my missal (1954), asking that we may serve God in purity. You can pray it while attending the holy Mass; it is in Latin so I hope some of you may understand it

To ask chastity

(Oratio.) Ure igne Sancti Spiritus regnes nostros, et cor nostrum Domine: ut tibi casto corpore serviamus, et mundo corde placeamus. Per Dominum… in unitate.

(Secreta.) Dirumpe, Domine, vincula peccatorum nostrorum: et, ut sacrificare tibi hostiam laudis absoluta libertate, ac munda mente possimus, retribue quae ante tribuisti; et salva nos per indulgentiam, quos dignatus es salvare per gratiam. Per Dominum nostrum.

(Postcommunio.) Domine, adjutor et protector noster, adjuva nos: et refloreat cor et caro nostra vigore pudicitiae, et castimoniae novitate; ut per hoc sacrificium, quod tuae obtulimus pietati, ab omnibus tentationibus emundemur.
Per Dominum nostrum Jesum Christum, Filium tuum, qui tecum vivat et regnat in unitate Spiritus Sancti, Deus, per omnia saecula saeculorum.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.