Prayer for an extremely angry soul

I have prayed and prayed for many years for a companion and yet have not received any answer from God. Has He decided that I should be lonely all my life?? I have a girl in my sights and every time she gets attached I will be torn apart and it seems like it’s going to happen again.

I have looked and there isn’t a bit of opportunity anywhere for companionship. Now I hate and resent God. I have no other ways to vent it and am very very angry at God. I serve Him in ministries and prayed many many times over but God just ignores my prayers.

Please pray for me brothers and sisters, I’m to the state of spouting vulgarities at Him this very instant. I do not have the faith in Him in this aspect since it has never been well all my life. If any constructive advice or help is offered, I will be very grateful.

Thank you.

I understand your frustration. Loneliness is a terrible feeling. Remember, however, that our will is not always God’s will. Perhaps God has a different path for your life. I heard a priest once say, “Only in God’s will, will you find peace.” When we try to make our lives go the way we want, we often end up frustrated and angry. When we let God lead our lives down the path that He wants, we find happiness. If marraige is in God’s plan for you, the perfect woman will come along at the perfect time. I know it’s not easy to wait, but until she comes along, surround yourself with your family and friends and realize that you’re not alone.

Best of luck to you. Stay strong in your Faith and know that God loves you and has a plan for you; even if you don’t understand what that plan is right now.

Lord, please, with clarity, grant many graces to this grieving soul for joy, fortitude, courage, temperance, and magnanimity. Hear this soul’s intention for a companion in accord with the petition. Have mercy, Lord, to every soul who cries to you. Deprive not this soul, in whom you have instilled a desire to receive your sacrament, of that sacrament. Heal this soul’s heart and send angels to help valiantly with this cause. Protect this soul from sin and devilish temptations against faith also. Our Lady, pray with us. Amen.

Thank you so much for lending a ear and offering advice.

I know some Catholics who have been praying all their lives and have yet to have a companion. They are some of the best and most Christ-like people I know and yet God still permits them to be alone at a pretty senior age. I am afraid that I may end up like them since these people have so much faith and are alone and I who with little faith how much less may God want to answer my prayers.

There isn’t anymore alternative, no matter how angry I am with Him, there is no where else I can turn to. I doubt He cares about our emotional well-being. Since He has the “big picture” in mind, it doesn’t matter what happens to a small blotch of ink on that picture.

Sorry for ranting. Just really angry and thanks again.

This is such a beautiful prayer! I thank you with my heart for you helping to pray. May God bless you more than He blesses me.

I don’t have much to say, except that I’m in a similar state. For years I thought I was trying to do God’s will, but it didn’t pan out and now the only thing to prevent me from turning against all religion is that I merely mistook my own will for God’s. I too thought I was going tomarry a girl, but in my case on those rare occasions when she was available or showed interest I was timid in pursuit - so I can’t really blame God whether or not it was His will.

I’ll say a prayer for you.

don’t blame God, maybe He’s is calling on you to work on your interpersonal skills.

Adding my prayer for these intentions. Lord have mercy +

**Holy Mother, please intercede for us.
Hold the sorrowful, strengthen the fearful,
give aid to all needing help or healing,
assist those who are sick, in pain or suffering,
be with those needing peace, console the lonely,
comfort the lost or hopeless, guard the unborn,
pray for those who are dying or who have died,
soften those with hardened hearts,
enlighten those who do not yet see truth,
help us be brave enough to let our hurt and anger go,
show us the way to do the right thing,
protect those who are in danger, and guide us from every evil;
may all who keep your sacred commemoration
experience the might of your assistance.
Amen **

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

I am praying for you.

Thank you, I will pray for you too. I feel that it is God who allows so much misdirection in our lives that we sometimes thought we see little glimmers of hope with that particular person to be our soul mate. I believe He knows it is painful for us, but I’m just wondering why it is always repeating. Anyway, since God is omnipotent, I doubt timidity is hardly enough to hold back something that is in His will. Thank you again for keeping me in your prayer.

I’m hardly socially awkward and I can connect with people rather easily, people who are more less socially apt are getting attached around me, so I guess that may hardly be the case. Thanks.

Thank you for the prayer, truly grateful and may God have mercy.

Thanks Tuscany, TBCrawford and DiggidyDog. May the Lord be upon you and bless you as well. :slight_smile:

:thumbsup: Thankyou my friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers :slight_smile:
God bless you

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Praying that God shows you clearly your path in life and allows some peace and joy each day.

i’ll pray for you

Praying hard for you.

**Holy Mother, please intercede for us.
Hold the sorrowful, strengthen the fearful,
give aid to all needing help or healing,
assist those who are sick, in pain or suffering,
be with those needing peace, console the lonely,
comfort the lost or hopeless, guard the unborn,
pray for those who are dying or who have died,
soften those with hardened hearts,
enlighten those who do not yet see truth,
help us be brave enough to let our hurt and anger go,
show us the way to do the right thing,
protect those who are in danger, and guide us from every evil;
may all who keep your sacred commemoration
experience the might of your assistance.
Amen **

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.