Prayer for Anxiety Attacks

Hi everyone! I am in desperate need of everyone’s prayers to get my health back. I am currently being affected by severe anxiety attacks all through out the day and it is hard living life. This is all very new to me. Please pray that I may fully heal and regain my life back. Thank you!! And I will be sure to keep everyone in my prayers.

Prayers for you - especially to St Dymphna, the patron saint of those suffering from nervous or emotional disorders.

I have suffered with this problem for years…I understand…
I’m praying for you…it does get better…:slight_smile:

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I am praying for you as I am trying to help my son who is also having anxiety issues.

I will also share with you a prayer that I have on a prayer card which has always helped me:

I am going to reveal to you the secret of sanctity and happiness.

Every day, for five minutes, control your imagination and close your eyes to the things of sense and your ears to all the noises of the world, in order to enter into yourself. Then , in the sanctity of your baptized soul, which is the Temple of the Holy Spirit, speak to that Divine Spirit saying to Him:

O, Holy Spirit, beloved of my soul, I adore Thee, enlighten me, guide me, strengthen me, console me. Tell me what I should do… give me Your orders. I promise to submit myself to all that desire of me and to accept all that You permit to happen to me. Let me know Your Holy Will. AMEN .

“If you do this , your life will flow along happily, serenely and full of consolation, even in the midst of trials. Graces will be proportioned to the trials, giving you strength to carry them and you will arrive at the Gates of Paradise, laden with merit. This submission to the Holy m Spirit is the secret of sanctity.”

Author: The late Cardinal Mercier [Belgium]

Praying for you, Jenalea4ya!

Prayer to St. Dymphna

Almighty and loving Father, by the example of St. Dymphna, Virgin and martyr, and by her intercession protect all those afflicted by tension and emotional stress, to enjoy your protection in life, and eternal happiness in your presence now and forever. Through Christ, our Lord, I ask. Amen.

franciscanmissionassoc.org/requests_stdymphna.cfm

Prayer to St. Dymphna in Nervous or Emotional Distress

I turn to you, dear virgin and martyr, confident of your power with God and of your willingness to take my cause into your hands. I praise and bless the Lord for giving you to us as patron of the nervous and emotionally disturbed. I firmly hope that through your kind intercession He will restore my lost serenity and peace of mind. May He speak to my heart and reassure me: "My peace I give you. Let not your heart be troubled nor let it be afraid."
Pray for me, dear St. Dymphna, that my nervous and emotional turmoil may cease, and that I may again know serenity and personal peace.
Amen.

scborromeo.org/prayers/dymphna.htm

:signofcross:

**Oh my goodness! You and me both! I just posted for the exact same thing today. I know how much one can suffer with these things. :frowning: **

You are assured of my prayers. :crossrc: Hang in there…this too shall pass. :console: Please feel free to Private Message me if I can help in any way.

May God bless you and keep you.
May He make His face to shine upon you,
and be gracious unto you.
May the Lord grant you His peace.
Amen!

**:blessyou: **

Convert in 99

Do you have any idea what triggered your first anxiety attack? I had the same problem about five years ago for about six months. I never had anxiety attacks before. What brought on my first one was the death of a family pet. I watched it die. After that I started thinking about friends and family members who had died and I became terrified of death. For six months I paced the floor every night begging God to help me. Nothing helped until I finally told God that if he wanted me to have anxiety attacks for the rest of my life I would just have to to accept them as his will for my life even though I couldn’t see what good I would be as a Christian witness to anyone. After that every time I felt an anxiety attack coming on I would begin praising and thanking “Him” for everything he has done. One night while I was praising him I felt an enormous peace come upon me and the attacks ceased. That was five years ago.

:signofcross: Prayers…

My son started having these and he finally got on Zoloft in order to finish college. It was starting to interfere with his ability to complete his studies.

I pray for you. I know what it’s like to have anxiety attacks and my thoughts will be with you.:gopray:

Jenalea4ya,

You might want to check this site out:

natlshrinestdymphna.org/

A number of months ago I was having irregular heart rythyms which where anxiety related. After contacting the shrine and praying the novena, they went away. I still get them every so often, but not nearly as much as I used to.

Pax Christi,
Rocco

My prayers are with you…
I too have suffered from anxiety attacks and I completely sympathize.

God bless…

I will pray for you. I know what you are going through. I had anxiety attacks (agoraphobia) for 22 years on and off. My doctor would help me for a bit and then they would come back. Over and over that happened. Then one day I prayed to God to help me find someone who could help me with my fears. He did! The guy was a therapist who specialized in changing the way you think. Then he sent me to to a psychiatrist who put me on a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. A drug that stopped the attacks. Oh and by the way the Blessed Mother put all of this at my fingertips through a petition I sent with a friend to Medjugorje. The first petition I sent was a weak cry for help. The second one was a specific prayer for what I needed and She heard and answered through Her most precious Son, Our Lord Jesus!
May God Bless you in your journey to freedom of fear!

:gopray2:

Lord Jesus, please grant Jenalea freedom from all anxiety as she treads the path to your Throne. Help her, as you helped your dsiciple Peter, keep her eyes upon you as she walks upon the wind and the waves. Please catch her if she stumbles and soothe the storm.

Jenalea4ya,
I know what you’re going through, I have had catastrophic nervous breakdowns and still suffer from depression and anxiety.
I am praying for you too.
God bless,
Jaypeeto4

You are in my prayers, as are all who suffer from mental distress. My wife suffered severely from this for years, and she only periodically gets them now.

Trust God and don’t worry: these things will get better! :slight_smile:

Hi Jenalea,
I am praying for you.
I am experiencing wave after wave of anxiety and panic attacks right now. At this moment I am between “waves.” But I have been having them for a few days now. On Thursday evening I had a harsh phone call from my boss and that night I began having a breakdown. His call didn’t cause it, but it did trigger something inside me that had been building for a long time and I didn’t recognize the warning signs so I didn’t go to my Shrink on time.
Believe me Jen, I know what you’re experiencing. May God give you his strength.
God bless,
Jaypeeto4

You have my prayers. I know first hand what you are doing through. :gopray2:

Praying for your health and recovery.

“Be still and know that I am God.” May that simple phrase help you when you feel the need. Repeat it over and over as a mantra to help you through the tough times and days.

May God’s love relieve your fears and anxieties each day. God Bless.

Be assured of my prayers. I also suffer from severe anxiety and depression and have been seeking treatment for about 8 months now. First few months were hell… getting better gradually. Do not despair. You are not alone.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.