Prayer for anxiety in pregnancy

I’m asking for prayers today due to pregnancy induced anxiety and depression. I’m 21 years old, married for 2 years, and expecting baby number 1. A little girl, she was planned and we couldn’t be happier. Though i am having anxiety over the strangest things, basically over these scary irrational thoughts running through my head. I have thoughts about me or loved ones getting hurt or dying. Its so scary and very unlike me to be thinking like this. I have times where i see something, for example a knife, and i think “wow i could hurt myself with this”. I would never ever hurt myself with anything, i don’t want to! Witch makes these thoughts scary and irrational. I don’t know what has brought this on, i just know its an opportunity to grow in my faith. I also have smaller anxieties and worry about bonding with my baby when she arrives, will i be a good mom, can i handle it, will her room and the house be ready when she gets here. All this is making me anxious pretty much 24/7. i just ask for a small prayer…
My prayers are with all of you
thanks
Madison

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear Madison, it probably isn’t unusual to have anxieties when pregnant. With my first baby (I was your age) I worried about all kinds of things, including anything that could go wrong with my baby; and the impact on one’s life, all kinds of worries. Your hormone balance isn’t the same during pregnancy. Because I was so stressed during the pregnancy, my first baby was an unsettled infant, but I trusted more with my following babies, and they were calm babies,
so I ask You dear Lord to please calm this young mother’s fears.
Hold her gently in Your arms and reassure her.

Protect her and her baby and her husband from all kinds of harm.
Please fill and surround them with Your light and love

Congratulations regarding your baby girl!

It’s not so unusual, but you sound like a beautiful and caring person who will make a lovely mother

Please don’t feel alone in your anxiety. It is shared by many.

babycenter.com/0_managing-stress-and-anxiety-during-pregnancy
babyzone.com/pregnancy/health_wellness/energy_emotions/article/depression-pregnancy

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

St. John Bosco, pray for us
Dominic Savio, pray for us.

[forums.catholic.com/images/buttons_khaki/quote.gif]("http://forums.catholic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=8023051")

Hi Madison,

I prayed for you. Absolutely.

I think it is wise to recognise how your concern is just a little bit over the ‘Normal’ range. I think it is a blessing, actually, of the Holy Spirit, to start instilling in you the proactive ‘Motherly Instints’ that you must have in order to be there to protect and cultivate your baby girl.

Don’t let the pregancy jitters get the best of you. Consider conversing with other moms and grandmas on their experiences with jitters, anxiousness, and wild-concerns; their past experiences and wisdom would probably calm you down. Also you may want to read “Protecting the Gift” by Gavin DeBecker regarding your instincts and protecting your children; my mom gave it to me and I agreed it is a great resource for a new parent.

If you haven’t already, I’dl like to suggest you begin to pray with your baby. Invite her into the prayer, letting her know what prayer you’ll be praying, and pray it out loud, especially a few Hail Marys. When anxious, praying the Hail Mary over and over seems to provide peace to the soul.

And lastly, did you get a picture of Jesus or a Crucifix for her room? It’d sure be reassuring knowing every night there is Jesus looking over your little girl.

God Bless!

Mrs C in FL

Thanks for the prayers they mean the world. …

Congratulations on the pregnancy!

Praying for you and your baby …

praying

[LEFT]*God, *

*By Your love the world is filled with life, through Your generosity one generation gives life to another, and so are Your wonders told and Your praises sung. We look to You in our love and in our need: Loving God, be close to us as we pray to love and do Your will. You are our God, nourishing us forever and ever. *

Amen.[/LEFT]

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

St. Gerard, pray for us!
St. Francis de Sales, pray for us!
St. Raphael, pray for us!
St. Gabriel, pray for us!
St. Michael, pray for us!
All you holy angels and guardian angels, pray for us!
Mary, Mother of God, pray for us!
St. Joseph, pray for us!
Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.
Amen.

I am praying for you (& baby).

Dearest Madison, First and foremost congratulations on your baby Girl and God Bless you and your hubby. You are in for a surprise, when we think we are organized for a baby we need to think again. One thing they need is LOVE LOVE LOVE. HUGS HUGS HUGS KISSES KISSES KISSES. and we never run out of that. :slight_smile: i’m always cleaning something so i need everything organized. sometimes let it go and enjoy the lil one when she comes. Don’t worry about what you are going through. its all the hormones and you are carry another person in you so your body is going through so much. just sit back and relax and try putting some music on and meditate. let me know if it helps. i will pray for you that God will grant you the peace of mind.
when i was pregnant with my 2nd baby i use to think WHAT IF… i drop her or hit her head somewhere… i would hold onto her and close my eyes so tight, i would cry and be so scared. never shared this with anyone before… its just part of life b/c we are in charge of another little life. understand? well feel free to talk. i’m here for you. God Bless

When is your big day???

Thank you so much for your prays, they mean so much! And for offering to talk, i am one that loves to talk my feelings out… And yes hormones are kicking my bum, hard to just relax. I will try the music and meditation/prayer and let you know… im sure it will work! thanks for everything.
God bless
Madison

O! sorry… :wink: im due october 20th!!!

Continuing prayers …

:angel1:

Please know you aren’t alone! I’m 42 and have an 11 year old daughter. I went through major panic and worry mostly after the birth of my daughter. Please do not be afraid to ask for professional help. God will be right there with you, of course, but God also made great doctors to help us. It’s just like if you had heart trouble or diabetes, you have to have medical help. Well, your brain is an organ of your body that gets out of whack also so it can use help. You will get better, and just know that I will pray for you and so will lots of other people. Just try to take it hour by hour, day by day, and read great spiritual books. Here’s a great place to start… anything by Fr. Jacques Philippe. He writes about finding peace.
God bless you and your sweet baby!
(your husband can help A LOT!)

Nancy

Congratulations! I pray that God will replace those feels of anxiety with calm and joyful anticipation of the birth of your daughter.

Praying hard.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.