Prayer for Beginners by Peter Kreeft

I just borrowed this book from the library. I enjoy listening to Peter Kreeft so I’m looking forward to it. I feel like such a beginner (and probably will for a while) so this seemed appropriate.

Any comments about the book?

I enjoy listening to and reading Peter Kreeft also. As for being a beginner, what a beautiful place to be. You have so much to look forward to. God bless you.

I have been raised as a Catholic and I think my parents did a great job, but even so I feel like a child spiritually. And although I want to grow, it is joyful.

God bless,
Bryan

I loved this book! Bought it for myself, read it, and ended up giving it to a friend who needed it…then went out and bought myself another one! Loved his explanation of RAPT…repentance, adoration, petition and thanksgiving. Started thinking about it and realized that is exactly the order that we pray the mass!

Two chapters in and loving it. I like short well-written books.

This book is the best book for anyone - beginner or not - to get wonderful words of wisdom about prayer! We were given the book at our book club and we will begin our discussions after Easter. It’s a down-to-earth book. And it’s light reading that addresses heavy questions. The book was recommended by our pastor, who is a convert to Catholicism.

Finished the book the other day. Great book and I think highly recommended for any Catholic - not just beginners!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.