Prayer for comfort

Just asking for prayer request. My ex-husband was diagnosed with metastatic colon cancer. It is in his liver, bowels, stomach, on his diaphram, and probably in his brain. We have kept a good relationship and never did get an annulment.
We have 3 children ages 10, 8, and 6. After diagnosis, I moved him back in with myself and the children so that I could take care of him along with help from hospice. He was diagnosed at the beginning of Dec. and doctors didn’t think he would make it out of the hospital. He made it through Christmas and is doing very well. He is up and about and eating. He has lost about 15 lbs in the last couple of weeks. I am simply asking for prayers minimal pain and suffering for him and for peace and comfort for our children.

Holy Mother Mary please hear our prayers for this family. Please grant your son peace and alleviate his pain. Bless his wife and children in their love for him

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

**Da, Domine, propitius pacem in diebus nostis, ut, ope misericordiae tuae adiuti, et a peccato simus semper liberi et ab omni perturbatione securi. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.

Graciously give peace, O Lord, in our days, that, being assisted by help of Thy mercy, we may ever be free from sin and safe from all disturbance. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.**
:signofcross:

MizGal, your husband will be in my next Rosary!

In the meantime, y’all might find some comfort in viewing the short video on End of Life Issues at the following link:

alabamacatholicresources.com/movies3.html

God bless! :slight_smile:

Eternal Father, please bless the husband of MizGal, grant him comfort and no pain during his fight with the aggressive cancer that he has. Grant him peace with you, bless his wife and children during this time. An Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be and a Fatima Prayer for his intentions. Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Praying for you former husband and for your family …

Praying hard for your family. God bless you for your kindness.

Holy Mother Mary please hear our prayers for this family. Please grant your son peace and alleviate his pain. Bless his wife and children in their love for him

The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
pray for us sinners,
Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

May your husband’s illness strengthen his faith and bring him closer to the Lord. May he unite his pain and suffering to the Lord’s and offer it up. May the Lord lessen his sufferings or give him the strength he needs to bear them - whichever is best for his soul. May you and your children find peace in the Lord and offer up your sufferings to Him. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
pray for us sinners,
Amen.

PATER NOSTER,
qui es in caelis,
sanctificetur nomen tuum.
Adveniat regnum tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra.
Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie,
et dimitte nobis debita nostra
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said,
“Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.”
With confidence in Your loving heart
which offers rest to weary souls,
we come to You in this time of special need.
In Your unfailing love,
read the prayer that is written on our hearts,
and grant the grace that we ask of You,
in accordance with Your holy will.
In Your name we pray.
Amen.

[FONT=“Verdana”]Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.[/FONT]

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said,
“Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.”
With confidence in Your loving heart
which offers rest to weary souls,
we come to You in this time of special need.
In Your unfailing love,
read the prayer that is written on our hearts,
and grant the grace that we ask of You,
in accordance with Your holy will.
In Your name we pray.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.