Prayer for Confession

Hello, I don’t know if it might be selfish to ask but can the forum please pray that I may stop feeling so unhelpfully scrupulous to go to confession.

Will pray for you, please say a similar prayer for me.

I personally don’t consider this a selfish request, since the closer each one of us gets to God by having a right relationship with Him, the more we can then have a right relationship with others.

It may help you to ask your favorite patron saints and guardian angel to come with you to Confession for moral support? I do sometimes. Some good “Confession saints” include St. Padre Pio, St. Faustina, St John Vianney the Cure of Ars, and Saint Teresa of Avila.

~~ the phoenix

EDIT: Well, now that it’s after midnight, today is the Feast of the Holy Guardian Angels …

Dear Guardian Angels, please lead us to make good Confessions.
:angel1:

you are in my prayer

Praying for you…

***† JMJTJ †

You will be in my prayers.*

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you † ***

Please don’t ever feel like you have to apologize for needing prayer support - for any reason. That’s what we’re here for, and it’s what He’s there for. Be assured that we’ll be praying for this intention.

St Therese who made yourself ill as a child with excessive scrupulosity, please ask our heavenly mother Mary to obtain healing for our friend, as she did fior you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.