Prayer for conversion for me and my wife

I am Steve C. and I am ready and willing to convert, but I cannot until my wife agrees to seek an annulment of her first marriage (so that we can remain married and keep our family together too). She is afraid of her first husband, even though its been 15+ years since their divorce. He was very abusive and threatening, and made several attempts at sabbotaging her car. She isn’t open at all to her own conversion, but I’m hoping once I am able, that perhaps God will do more to help her in that direction. One step at a time I guess. If she agrees to the annulment process then I will need new employment too in order to convert as I am a protestant pastor currently. A very complicated situation it is.

God, please help me and my wife and all the souls posting here with their prayer concerns. Mary, pray for us all, please. St. Bridget, whom God used to help me get to this point on my faith journey through an inexplicable miracle, please pray for us. Father Solanus Casey who I have felt personal ties to for various reasons I cannot get into here, please pray for us. Pope John Paul II, you who were such an advocate for evangelization, please pray for us. Clement of Rome and Ignatius of Antioch who have helped open my eyes through your teachings, please pray for us. ArchBishop Sheen, you who have taught me so much through your words and Mother Teresa, you who have taught me so much by your example, please pray for us. Thomas a Kempis whom the Holy Spirit used to give me peace to endure my trials on this journey, please pray for us. Brother Lawrence whom the Holy Spirit is now using to help me live more constantly in the presence of God, please pray for us.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning and ever shall be. Amen.

Steve C.

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us

Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil

Amen

Steve, I am impressed by your strength and good spirit
and very touched by your story, and by your circumstances.
I can see a little of how difficult this is for you both and am awed by your humility and honest response to God’s grace.
You are a prayer in yourself.
As I’m privileged enough to go the daily Mass, I’ll take your wife and you in spirit with me as long as it takes to be free to receive the Sacraments yourself. I ask the Lord to make it so
With warm regards, Trishie

Dearest Lord, we praise and thank you! Lord Jesus, please pour out your grace upon Steve and his wife. Remove any anxiety and confusion and replace it with your peace and consolation. We pray your will may be fully realized for them, that you will remove any barriers to the path you have set before them. Thank you, dearest Lord, for hearing our prayers.

In your holy name we pray, Amen.

Our Lady, Help of Christians, pray for us.
Our Lady, Queen of peace, pray for us.
Our Lady of Prompt Succor, pray for us.

St. Rita, pray for us. All the angles and saints, pray for us.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, I implore you to give strength and fortitude to this couple who is in the process of joining your Son’s Church. May you cover them with your holy mantle and bring them closer to you.

I know that this is a prayer thread, but WOW! I am impressed by your short testimony. I hope that you will post your conversion story in this forum. I do have a question though, are members of your congregation swimming the tiber with you as well?

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen
:signofcross:

Praying…

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Amen

Steve, I’ll be remembering you and your wife in Mass and Communion this morning,

Thy Kingdom come.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Thank you all for your amazing outpouring of support and prayer for me and my wife! I cannot show enough my gratitude to you all.

Rivera01 - When I am able I will be glad to share my full conversion story. In fact I am in the process of writing it now. However I cannot make this public until I have actually finished crossing the Tiber. Otherwise I put me and my family at risk in a number of ways. I have no way of knowing at this time if any of my congregants might follow my lead. I will share with them what I have learned when the questions come. Is it possible some may follow, sure - is it likely, perhaps in a small handful of cases at best, but what do I know really? I anticipate a few saying, “aha, I knew something was up”. Although I do not have the freedom at present to preach all that I currently have learned and believe, there is no question but that my preaching, teaching and giving of pastoral care has been deepened by the devotions and the learning I have done and when and where I can share something in a manner that doesn’t directly reveal where I am at on my journey, I do so. So far no complaints or problems. Whatever God does with me, he will do. I’m just tired of living what is essentially a double life. I need to be free to be the child of God that he is making me to be.

Jesus Himself is quite likely looking at you admiring and thankful at your efforts to live gospel love to your congregation, while longing to journey as He calls you.
Perhaps you are very beautiful to Him, with your faithfulness, and with your yearning.
Who knows what graces your current situation is drawing for souls in your influence.
You could just say, this is too diffficult. It is. But you don’t give up.
Think of the joy this part of your journey, where you can only prepare, and wait, brings to Him

Therefore, “be patient…until the Lord’s coming. Think of a farmer, how patiently he waits for the precious fruit of the ground until it has the autumn rains and the spring rains."[James 5:7]

“All the works of the Lord are good
and He will supply every want in due time.
You must not say, ‘This is worse than that’,
For everything will prove its value in due time.
So now, sing with all your heart and voice
And bless the name of the Lord.” [Ecclesiasticus 39:12-35]

I think that you are an amazing person, and much blessed by God

Like you said, one step at a time. As long as that step is in the direction of Christ you will always be on sure footing!

Thy Kingdom come.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Amen.

Again, thank you all for your prayers and encouragements! A glimmer of light shone through yesterday evening, when my wife said she would possibly be open to the annulment process if I can get assurances from the diocese that the letter to her ex comes from another diocese and that they deal with the questioning so that he doesn’t find out where we live (because, by the time we would be ready to do this, I would have found another line of work and would no longer be living where I am now). Praise be to God. She wasn’t optimistic that the diocese would be that forthcoming because they didn’t offer that to start, but the idea came from another blogger on another blog who had seen this in another diocese, so you would think they would be open to the idea. My trust and hope is in God who will find a way for one of his children to come home - that is the story of the prodigal son! Please keep praying as your prayers have made a huge difference! Thank you Mary, Queen of Heaven - Our Lady of Guadalupe; St. Bridget; Father Solanus Casey; John Paul II; Clement of Rome; Ignatius of Antioch; ArchBishop Sheen; Blessed Mother Theresa; Thomas a Kempis; Brother Lawrence; and all the saints!

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

Christ, by rising from the dead, destroyed death and renewed life itself. Let us cry out to him:
– Ever-living Christ, listen to us.

You, the stone the builders rejected, have become the cornerstone:
use us, as living stones, to build your Church.

You, the first-born from the dead, are a true and faithful witness:
make your Church bear witness to you always.

Like Eve from Adam’s rib, the Church, your bride, grew from your wounded side.
Let us be witnesses at the solemnisation of your marriage.

You, the first and the last, were dead and now live:
make the baptized be faithful until death, make them win the crown of victory.

You are the true light, the lamp of God’s holy city:
shine on our dead, let them be part of your kingdom forever.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Almighty God, may we celebrate wholeheartedly
these days of rejoicing in honour of the risen Lord.
May what we commemorate at this time
always guide our actions.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

Prayers are so powerful, that’s great news Steve. I will keep you and your wife in my prayers…I have a good feeling that everything will work out, in due time. God bless!

Thy Kingdom come.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

I am talking with the head of the marriage tribunal in our diocese tomorrow morning. Please pray that he will be open to and allow the process to go the way my wife needs it so she will be open to having an annulment proceding begin. I am off to pray the rosary. Its a hard one for me to pray, I get a lot out of it, but hard to get going. I’ve had a lot of signs pointing me in the direction that Mary will help me to better get to know her Son and who among us wouldn’t want that? Its just my protestant upbringing. I’m not against praying asking Mary’s intercession, but I just don’t have the relationship with her I would like to have. Anyway, God bless you all for your help and prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.