Prayer for conversion

My friend Sarah was raised a Baptist. Her mother was a Catholic who fell from the faith due to terrible misunderstandings, and now her daughter has been lost.

The daughter fell to the brink of atheism for a while, and now she has trouble growing in any faith at all. She still clings to what she understands of the Baptist tradition, but I believe it is being destructive toward her recovery (especially since I am her only religious friend, and am thoroughly not Baptist… oil and water, I swear).

I have given up any aggressive pursuit of her conversion or deepening her understanding of Catholicism, so I rely now on prayer (silly of me, though… I should have done this in the first place).

Please, pray for them and their family. Pray that the scales on their eyes be removed by His love, and allow them to see the Truth that the Catholic Church has been charged with protecting.

Father, in Jesus’ name, please send Your Holy Spirit into Sarah’s life and help her to find Your truth. Please give her the gift of faith, and heal her of the woundedness that has kept her distant from You. Amen

JLongoria, I will add my voice in prayer for the family of your friend.

Just continue praying with out blaming yourself it is never late for prayer. God works in way we cannot see.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

prayers promised

St Augustine please pray for us.

Most Holy Spirit, Who accomplishes all conversion of the human heart, graciously hear our fervent prayer for the return to faith of this blessed child of the Father. She bears the blessed name of the mother of many nations. Grant her great faith, as that of Abraham’s faithful wife. Our path in life is not completed until the Father in Heaven decrees. Grant us patience as we pray for Sarah’s leading, Precious Spirit, to the fulness of salvation through the one church that our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus founded. The same Savior promised that You would always be with us, leading us into all truth. And so we beseech You, O Holy Spirit, to lead her steadily to the truth, rebuking any attempts by the evil one to lead her further astray. It is by Your work that all good is accomplished on earth, and so we turn to You in faith and love, begging Your power to overshadow Sarah and soften her heart. Grant this through Your Most Holy Name, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Come, O Holy Spirit, come! Amen! Alleluia!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, sought thy help, or asked thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee o Virgin of Virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, depise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Still praying.
Hail Mary full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Still praying…:signofcross:

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Today being the feast day of St. Augustine who experienced a dramatic conversion like St. Paul, let’s unite our prayers that the good Lord will send the holy spirit to Sarah’s family that the eyes of their hearts and reason be opened to see the Divine truth as taught by our mother church.

JLongoria, today I will offer your intentions at Mass

God bless you all for your continued charity towards others.

There have been no recent developments on this front, but I have faith that the Lord is working as He sees fit.

Thank you all very much.

Don’t judge by the smallness of the beginnings. My attention was once drawn to the fact that there is no difference in size between seeds that give annual plants and those that will grow into ageless trees. The Way, paragraph 820 St.Josemaria Escriva

Still praying.

Divine heart of Jesus, convert sinners, save the dying, deliver the holy souls in purgatory. Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ, most merciful Saviour of the world, we humbly beseech You, by Your most Sacred Heart, that all the sheep who stray out of Your fold may in one days be converted to You, the Shepherd and Bishop of their souls, who lives and reigns with God the Father in the unity of the Holy Spirit, world without end.
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to Your protection, implored Your help, or sought Your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, our Mother. To You we come; before You we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in Your mercy, hear and answer us. Amen.

:signofcross:

Veni Sancte Spiritus!

Praying for the conversion of all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.