Prayer for couple on the vocation to marriage

Please pray for me and my girlfriend that the Lord will give us purity of heart and mind, and that we will live out this vocation in a favorable and pleasing way before his very eyes.

Thank You for you prayers I dont deserve them.
Stephen<3

I ask God to hear and grant the prayers of your hearts.

Spirit of divine Love

Holy Spirit, You proceed uncreated from Father and Son, as their eternal Love. Spirit of Love please flood us with God’s love, for Saint Paul assures us that “The love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us.” [Romans 5:5]

Through Baptism and Confirmation, You empower us as messengers of God’s word. Through You, the living Word of God flows out from the Church to the world. The word proclaimed in the liturgy before the worshipping assembly of the Church, disseminates through Your power. You, who spoke through the prophets, please continue to speak God’s word in our lives.

Through You, we receive faith that empowers us to fulfil God’s law of love. Give us trust, hope and wisdom that enable Your love to permeate our lives. Give us grace to accept Your inspiration and guidance in the Church, for You use Scripture, the Sacraments, and the teachings and precepts of the Church to instruct, enlighten, and encourage, to admonish and guide us in purity, in mutual forgiveness and development in wholesome humanity and spirituality. With Spirit-filled discussion and reflection, please deepen our insight of truth in faith and morals.

In our life together as a married couple, grant that joy and peace, which is fruit of Your love, fill our hearts, spilling into our children’s lives. We give praise and thanks, Holy Spirit that You share God’s life and being with us.

I am praying for your intentions.

Praying!

Our son, Steven is also engaged to be married and we pray for him daily. I will add your name to our prayer list as you discern your vocation to marriage as well.

One suggestion, check out the wonderful website that the US Council of Catholic bishops have provided for engaged and married couples. It is wonderful. foryourmarriage.org/ It will provide wonderful ways to lead you to Christ through married life.

Congratulations!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Father, in Jesus name please help this couple to live happy lives as a good committed Catholic family
Thank You, Father. We praise You for Your goodness.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

praying

I am still praying for this intention and will bring it to mass with me today.

Do not feel alone in your strugle, I promise you that you are not the only one who is going through this.

I highly recomnd Divine mercy Chaplet, and adoration in front of the Blessed Sacrament in the face of temptation.

I will include you in my prayers today at adoration stephen.

Our Father…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen
:signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.