Prayer for courage in defending the Catholic faith

I need prayers for defending the Catholic faith. There are many types in many scenarios when people say something bad about the Catholic faith or simply about religion in general and most of the times I stay quite.

This mostly happens as I go to a public school and every once in a while someone says a remark or simply ridicules religion, and sometimes specifically the Catholic Church. I always want to defend the faith and say something, but many times I end up staying quite and not saying anything. I end up feeling like a coward later on and don’t understand why I didn’t speak up or anything.

For that reason please pray that the Holy Ghost may always guide me and that I may speak the truth at all times given the opportunity.

Don’t get discouraged. It can be difficult standing up to peers.

Also remember that defending the Church and leading other to Her is done much more effectively through the expression of love in the way that one chooses to live than by argument or debate. There are times when the most appropriate way for you to respond to nasty comments is simply by praying for the individual who made those comments.

Frequently those who speak negatively of the Church are those who have had a negative experience they associate with Her or are simply in a state of ignorance.
To quote Ven. Fulton J. Sheen:
“There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
When appropriate, a loving, educating conversation might be exactly what they need.

“Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” -Isaiah 41:10

“Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be in dread of them: for it is the Lord your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.” -Deuteronomy 31:6

I’ll pray for you, brother. God bless!

Well said!~ I join you in prayer.
Mary.

St Peter always reminds to be ready at all times; “Simply reverence the Lord Christ in your hearts, and always have your answer ready for people who ask you the reason for the hope that you all have.” (1Peter 3:15)

Praying that the Lord may guide your actions according to His Will.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

I know how you feel! I have this a lot too :frowning: I think it helps to read a lot of books written by holy people - Arch. Fulton Sheen is a great writer as well.
All the best, with God, all things are possible!!
And I’m pretty sure Our Lady will help you with your challenges as well.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Absolutely! The lives and writings of the saints and other holy people can be great for growing in virtue. Arturo, I recommend looking into the life of Saint Athanasius of Alexandria, bishop and doctor, for inspiration. He, like you was a young man who was very passionate and knowledgeable about his faith. Even as a young deacon assisting the then-bishop of Alexandria, he was an important figure at the Council of Nicea, as well as later in life. He was exiled five times for his work combating the Arian heresy. He is considered to be the patron of orthodox Catholicism, and defended the faith so well as to cause the spread of the phrase “Athanasius contra mundum” (“Athanasius against the world”).

Saint Athanasius, pray for us!

Praying, may your life be an example of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the truthfulness and the way of the Catholic faith, for those who didn’t embrace yet the church community, may their hurts be softened to hear the good news. :gopray:

Praying hard.

***Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

:crossrc:***

unfortunately (some of) our society looks through politically correct glasses. of course that does not apply to us. god bless you, and stay strong.:gopray2:

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Thank you for all our prayers in means a lot

I just wanted to say that it is not only peers that have challenged the Catholic faith but many times it is actually the teacher that makes a remark and that makes it harder for you have to address the teacher either in front of the class or privately

If that is true, it is not an act of disrespect if you address the teacher publicly or privately. But you need to defend the Catholic Faith or else find someone who can do that for you.

Praying for you and your intentions :byzsoc:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.