Prayer for direction/job

Hi:

I am praying for direction. I am in my mid 50s, single/never married. And I am having a tough time getting a career, much less a job.
I have talent in writing, and I’m an amatuer musician. I can do office work, but I get bored easily with that–but it does keep the lights on! I think my biggest problem is that, as I jokingly (?) say is that I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up!:smiley:

I am job hunting (again), but I’m tired of landing postions and getting bored with them within weeks.I like writing, but those jobs are few and far between.I tried to get certified as a teacher(emergency certification program–I have a BA/English), but I can’t get a full time teaching position so that I can finish the certification (long story–I just don’t seem to “fit” anywhere).
I’m tired of feeling like I’m just surviving, and not really living. The one positive thing is that I have no kids, so I don’t have that burden on top of eveyone else (that is, I’m not scraping to feed and clothe them, etc.–I love kids and have umpteen nieces & nephews that love my cooking!).
Just pray. I can’t keep living like this–I’m getting old, and tired.

Holy Spirit please guide this person to the best use of talents and to the best employment for this person. Please give discernment, wisdom, and faith for life according to Your hopes for this person’s life. I ask this in Jesus’ name

Best wishes!

The Our Father:
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name: Thy kingdom come: Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread: and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation: but deliver us from evil. Amen.

The Hail Mary:
Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory Be to the Father:
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

The Fatima Prayer:
“O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy”.

HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

V. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray. O GOD, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***
May St Joseph assist you in finding employment.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Know that you are in my prayers this afternoon!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Holy Spirit, please guide this person to find peace and purpose in life.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying that Jesus sends you direction.

May the Lord guide you
To the path you feel is right
He does not misguide

O God, aid in finding a path that suits the life of your servant, and may the road to happiness be found. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.