Prayer for direction

I’m not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this. I’ve also seen some posts here that are tragic and makes this seem small in comparison.

I have worked very hard for the past 3 years, not earning a dime, learning my craft (market speculation or trading) more and more. I have always prayed for help, guidance and really have struggled with my family supporting me all along the way, they have been nothing but supportive. Before I got into this business I read articles about a guy that has achieved the success I have always wanted to reach. His interviews and articles is what really helped me leave my former job to pursue this on my own. I was fortunate enough the develop a friendship with him over the past 3 years, which I have learned a lot from and given me inspiration to keep going and learning.

These past few months have been very tough. I have a 4 month old baby who has really changed my perspective on my life. I continued to pray for help and guidance on what I should be doing, continue this career or leave it and go to something more stable. Of course I would prefer to continue this as its my real passion, but I felt like I needed someone in my corner to continue this. I asked God for help, for someone to come into my life at this point to help me along this journey. Well, God has listened and the person that inspired me years ago to get into this business has offered his help, inviting me to join him in his office (versus just email correspondence). This is an opportunity very few people get, and I’m taken aback by this, and since have gotten this been overly emotional about it, not sure why. Most of my life I have had to really fight for things, and this is something that usually doesn’t happen to me. My wife is very supportive and couldn’t be happier, I on the other hand am really torn about this. We would have to sell our home(Chicago), move to a place I’m not familiar with (NYC), take my little girl further away from her grandparents for this. I plan on visiting him in a few weeks, and I am praying for help making this decision as this will be the biggest risk I have ever taken and I do not want to endanger my family by my decision. If anyone can suggest some prayers I would be grateful.

Lord please help Bigdog to make the right choices in his life,guide his decisions and send down your wisdom and enlightenment,Lord please direct him on the right and true path that leads to the well being of his family ,Amen

This is very appropriate for this forum. No prayer is too big or too small for Christ, who listens to and loves everyone as an individual, not in comparison to everyone else. :slight_smile:

While I cannot tell you specifically what would be best for you to do, insofar as choosing your career path, I would counsel that you must do what you believe will be best for yourself and your family. That does not necessarily mean taking no risks. Everything in life is a risk, and the more stable choice is not always the best one. Having a family also does not mean you cannot be successful, pursue your passion and still provide for them. Above all, I would say to make sure that no matter what situation you’re in, always show a deep and sincere love and respect for your wife and children. That is far more important than financial security or your own success. Also, make sure that you are showing them a good example and raising them in the Faith. Again that is far more important than anything else, and it will give them a much greater benefit long-term than any amount of money or security could. I truly hope and pray that you will work in union with God to make the best choice. :slight_smile:

I fervently pray for the forgiveness of all your sins, for your guidance in this and other decisions in your life, for your protection from all sin, evils and other problems, and that you may find wisdom, courage and peace in the love of Christ. I also extend these prayers to your family and to all those in the world dealing with financial difficulties or confusion. I ask for the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, your guardian angel and those of your family, and St. Francis of Assisi, who by his renunciation of material goods showed us the true important of them: to be used for the service of mankind, in the love of God, just as celibacy shows us the true value of marriage as a loving and chaste commitment. God bless. :slight_smile:

Our Father, Who Art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be Done
On Earth as it is in Heaven,
Give us this Day our Daily Bread
And forgive us our Trespasses
As we forgive those who Trespass Against us
And Lead us Not into Temptation, but Deliver us from the Evil One
For Thine is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory Now and Forever.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Mother Mary, please make your intentions in this matter come true; and please guide and protect Bigdog and his family.

Hail Mary…

Amen.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.