Prayer For Ex Husband

Please say a prayer for Bill my ex husband. He has lung cancer and has to have his left lung removed in a couple of weeks…He can’t seem to stop smoking ,even after all this, please pray he can give up the nicotine addiction as well…I thank anyone for their prayers and bless each and everyone of you…

I am praying for you both.

LORD Jesus
Heal and Guide ur Son

Yes I will keep Bill in my prayers. I pray that he receive good medical treatment in the hospital. I along with my family have received less than good treatment hospitals lately.

Michael

God bless you for your concern for Bill.
I ask Jesus to help him through his surgery and recovery, and that he begins to take proper care of his health.

I ask Jesus to grant the prayers of your heart.

Prayers promised

I am praying.

Praying!

Thank you to all you wonderful group of Christ filled people for your prayers…A priori, jesu 1983,exaltarboy–Michael I pray your future visits for you and your family to hospital, doctor or dentist are wonderful and you meet very kind people…also Trishie–thanks…Bill is the father of my children. I love my kids a whole lot…If I was still married to Bill I would be so frustrated that he keeps smoking well…I am anyway…I had not seen him in 22years till this past May of 08 ,yet way back when ,we were married in a Catholic church…the bible says forgive if you want forgiveness ,so i do forgive him for leaving ,and i do sincerely pray that he is okay…It’s the only thing i can think to do…Thanks I join with your prayer Trishie…
Deacon Ed B , I am honored to have your prayers…as well as diggidy Dog and the ever steady 244 Rocket…I don’t feel so alone now…and I can feel the power of prayer lighten my sad tinged heart…Warmly, LynneMarie

LynneMarie, you are very welcome. Still praying for Bill.

Lord, I lift up to you in prayer, Bill, who has lung cancer and will be going into surgery in a couple of weeks. Lord, I pray for his protection during the surgery and for his freedom from nicotine addiction. Lord I thank you for the grace you have given LynneMarie in her ability to forgive. Mother Mary, please pray for these intentions.

Thank you Diggedy Dog…You give prayers of comfort…Also like the Mother Mary…I am always going to our monthly rosary and do so love it…I also have the rosary group saying prayers for Bill…God Bless You and Your family, Warmly, LynneMarie

Update…Bill goes to surgery on Jan 23…so our daughter will be there …the surgery is risky ,but he wanted this…He swears no more smoking after this surgery so maybe our prayers helped…Thank you for anyone that offers continued prayers.May the love of Jesus bless you…Warmly, LynneMarie

God, please be with our brother Bill, as he undergoes surgery and may he be strong enough to resist the tempation of smoking as he recovers.
Also prayers for you Lynne Marie:) May God give you the strength you need at this time. God Bless You.

Thank you so much Karen60, i have said many prayers and many good souls like yourself ,are praying for Bill to pull through this operation…God bless you …Warmly , LynneMarie

Continuing in prayer for you both.

Your generosity and concern for your ex-husband is an eternal testimony to the goodness and true gospel nature of your spirit. In heaven we will know you by the blessed glow this gives to you. However your husband deals with the remainder of his life is enriched by your lack of bittereness or blame, and your true Christian spirit that also gives witness to your daughter.

Bill is blessed…but we’ll continue to pray for his recovery and well-being.

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Bill)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

Thank you Deacon Ed B and All…I thought Bill’s surgery was the 23rd, but it was today…Praise be to God and his son Jesus Christ, as he pulled through, and the surgeon did alot of biopsy on some suspicious looking areas ,but my daughter said , no results for a week…I want to thank all of you for the power of prayer is so very , very strong…truly believe in it ,if you have a sincere heart ,and i pray for each and everyone of you a blessing to come your way for your thoughtful prayers, and know that you are all appreciated just for taking the time out of your own busy lives to bring comfort to a sister…God Bless you all, Warmly, LynneMarie

Praying for your ex-husband, your daughter and you. May your ex-husband have a full recovery. You are such a good woman to ask for prayers for your ex-husband, may you be blessed. You are such an inspiration to many of us.

Thank you Cassie, St.Gabriel and Trishie,
I have read the bible twice, and one thing that stood out, is that if I don’t forgive Bill or anyone else, then God will not forgive me…Believe me when i say ,it has been a process, not at all easy ,but forgiving anyone doesn’t mean you think what they did is right or wrong, and you don’t have to be bosom buddies, just need to forgive per the Lord…Thanks for all your prayers…Warmly, sis in Christ , LynneMarie

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.