Prayer for Fallen Away Teen

High school has hit me hard. I used to be a very religious person. Now, I just don’t know what happened. Since school started, I have been hanging out with people because they are “cool”, I have put down people that I would normally try and associate with because everyone else thinks they are “weird”, I began cussing, I began making crude jokes and laughing at others crude jokes, and I have fallen away from regular prayer and haven’t been to confession in a while, but still recieved the Eucharist.
I want to change and be my true self that I was, but it feels as if there are two people in me and one is much stonger than the other. The thing I fear is that the stronger one is not the good one. I fear for my self, and my soul but when I get to school that other person comes out of me and I can’t get rid of him. Please pray for me!

Mam or sir

I have been in your steps and know how you want to return to faith. I will put you in my prayers.

Prince of peace hope and love, be with our friend here as he or she desires to be close to your heart again, may you find them as they have strayed away and know that you love them with an exhaustable fountain of love. I pray in your name Amen.

Hail mary…

Oh, what shall I so guilty plead?
And who for me will intercede?
When even saints shall comfort need?
Jesus loves you unconditionally

O King of dreadful majesty!
Grace and mercy You grant free;
As Fount of Kindness, save me!

Recall, dear Jesus, for my sake
You did our suffering nature take
Then do not now my soul forsake!

O Judge of justice, hear, I pray
For pity take my sins away
Before the dreadful reckoning da

You Who did Mary’s guilt unbind
And mercy for the robber find
Have filled with hope my anxious mind.:):):slight_smile:

*Dear Curious Cajun,
Life is not always an easy road and all of us are tested time to time. Just the fact that you know you want to be that person you were before is a real step in the right direction.
It would probably be a good idea to try and seek some assistance from your Parish Priest or another Priest that can help direct you back to where you were before.
It does not sound like you like who you have become. Maybe some new friends, ones that are more like the way you used to be would be another possibility!
My thoughts and prayers are with you,
Angel Face
P.S. I have a feeling you are going to do the right things to make God very proud of you!

Being a teen today is so stressful and you feel that you have to fit in with the cool kids, but that leaves out so many other nice kids. The reason you feel so torn is that goes against what Jesus taught. He wants us to treat everyone the same as our brothers and sisters. I know how you feel. When I was in the military I was an officer and was told not to fraternize or socialize with the enlisted people. This made me feel uncomfortable. They told us we were better than they were. To me that was against what Jesus told us. I treated them as equals and didn’t care what the military said. In fact many enlisted persons had college degrees and could have been officers but chose not to, so they were not below us. So you should treat all your fellow teens the same. Remember what Jesus said to do unto others as you would have them do to you. Don’t worry about what others think of you or if your cool friends leave you and don’t want you as friends anymore, than they were never true friends to begin with. Sorry, but that is how I feel. True friendship is a gift from God and a blessing and when you can find it, embrace it. Not everyone is a friend. You can have many acquaintances, but not true friends. Think of it that way. When you make fun of others, you do so to Christ. So go to confession and make a good examination of your conscience using the Ten Commandments and than start over again to lead a good, holy life. It is never to late to do that. You are obviously a good person for you are here asking for prayers and that is a good start. You can see that you need help and have a dark side to you, who of us doesn’t. We are all incline to sin, but with Christ’s help and the Sacraments, we try hard to lead a holy life. So use the Sacraments, and go to Confession and receive Holy Eucharist with a clean heart and soul. Start there and take one day at a time. We are here for you if you need encouragement and prayers. You have many prayer warriors here to pray for you.

I will pray the Rosary for you nightly and on Thursdays before the Blessed Sacrament, Jesus Himself, I will remember you. Take courage, you can be holy and do this. You can fight what ever you feel it is that is in you pulling you away from God. We have all been there. Most of all keep praying. Pray the Rosary for it a powerful weapon against Satan.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I will pray for you… why not become a prayer warrior? Praying leads you back to the right path… :o

Dear Lord Please help this young child see the grace that only you can give. Praying for you.

Praying for you…

I am praying for you.

Lord, I pray that this good soul meets with a holy priest and makes some new friends quickly. Help him to follow his heart back to a healthy relationship with you. May he return to prayer, wholesome fun, and the regular reception of the sacraments. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

I will also say a Chaplet of Divine Mercy for your intentions…

Jesus I implore You to reclaim this young man as a true follower.
Please give this person strength to resist peer pressure and the desire for transient popularity over the eternal call of love of God above all and others as self.

St Don Bosco please take him under your care and guidance as you did so many troubled and difficult boys in your school.
St Dominic Salvio, boy saint of the schoolground, please pray for him that like you he will beome holy and devoted to the Sacraments.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.