Prayer for FIL in critical condition

My father-in-law is very dear to me and of course my husband. Right now he is in the hospital, recently diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer in the neck. We’ve been coping with all of the tests, the surgeries, the complications. But Tuesday he collapsed again, and this time they’ve found that one of the tumors has wrapped around his carotid artery and is very close to his jugular. It is causing his heart and BP to go haywire and he is touch and go at this point. If he makes it through this period, if we can get the tumor to shrink a little away from his artery, if he keeps his strength for the more aggressive treatment… but right now my husband and I are just terrified about the next few days.

I cannot imagine a world without him in it, and I lost my mother nearly 20 years ago and don’t want to see my husband go through that horrid time. I especially am sad for my children who are 3 & 5 and adore their Papa.

If you could lift up Mario in your prayers, and his wife Janet and our family. Please pray for the Lord’s healing powers and comforting love to Mario, for His strength for all of us, and for wisdom and expediency for his doctors. I just wish I could go and shut off my feelings and my mind for a few minutes respite, and yet it seems crazy to be so unbelievably sad when I know my poor husband is 1000 times worse than I am, with the added responsibility of caring for his mother and making life decisions for his dad.

Thank you all -
Melissa

Remember O Most Gracious Virgin
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence we fly unto thee O Virgin of virgins, our Mother.
To thee do we come; before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate despise not our petitions,
but in thy clemency hear and answer them. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Jesus remember how You felt when you gazed with misted eyes upon the woman who had loved and nurtured You from infancy, as she shook with silent grief at the foot of the cross beneath Your tortured body; and how Your heart moved with pity and love, as through cracked lips You begged John to care for her as if his own mother.
In memory, please flood Your compassion upon this family,
and upon all in like situation.
Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, please have mercy on those confronting the heavy cross of loved ones’ illness and grief.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.