Prayer for "former Catholics"

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

“Approximately one-third of those who say they were raised Catholic no longer describe themselves as Catholic; which means that roughly 10% of all Americans are former Catholics…” (The Pew Research Center, Jan. 23, 2012)

Please pray with me for our "Returning Catholics Series" which will begin on Feb.23 and continue through the six weeks of Lent in our parish. Let us include all "former Catholics" everywhere, and pray they hear invitations to "Come home".

We did this before Advent and were blessed by having 6 out of 7 who attended the series return to the practice of the Catholic Faith into which they were baptized. I am asking for prayers this much ahead of Feb. 23 because only God knows how many are already wanting to return and wondering how to do so. Let us pray that when our sign goes up outside of Church and the bulletin announcement encourages all to pray and invite people, there will be many hearts willing to respond. Thanks.

I am praying.

Praying hard.

Thanks, so very much!

Thanks so very much.

Lord, please open hearts of fallen-away Catholics and inspire them to return home when they see the sign and bulletin announcement at MariaChristi’s parish. Please grant success to this “Returning Catholic Series.” Bless everyone involved and unite them in the bond of your love. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Hail Mary full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
AMEN

Dear ready,

Thanks so much for your prayer. We are hoping to have the announcement in the bulletin begin and the sign to go up on the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. That is so significant to me because I see in the water at Lourdes a beautiful symbol of our Baptism. May our little attempt to “seek and find the strayed sheep” be one with Jesus’ and Mary’s love for them.

May parishes all over the world reach out to our brothers and sisters who need to come home!

Dear Rock,

Thanks so much for praying especially through the intercession of Mary for us and for our “Returning Catholics”. As I wrote in my reply to our CAF member “ready”, just a moment ago, we are beginning the parish bulletin announcement and signage outside the Church on the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. May the Immaculata gather her children home.

http://www.archangelbooks.com/images/500-037.jpg
*A Prayer to St. Anne
For Those Who Have Fallen Away from the Faith

Dear St. Anne,
One whom I love has wandered off
And become like a lost sheep.

Please St. Anne, intercede with
your grandson, The Good Shepherd.
Ask your daughter,
The Good Shepherd holy mother
To intercede with Him too.

Ask your Grandson,
To let my loved one, Once again
Hear the Good Shepherd’s voice.

Pray that the Good Shepherd of us all
Seek out my lost sheep,
Place my lost sheep on
His divine shoulders
And, rejoicing, bring my loved one
home, To His house-for all time. Amen*

What a lovely picture and prayer! Thanks so much!

Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kindgom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliever us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

May the most just, the most loveable, and the most high Will of God be done, be praised, be fulfilled in all things. Amen.

it is! She’s St. Anne ( Christ Grandmother)

I got this prayer from FMA (Franciscan Mission Association).

Dear E_7,

Yes, St. Anne, the Grandmother of Jesus, and her daughter Mary, the Mother of Jesus, both have maternal hearts, interceding for God’s children. I’ve also received some lovely prayer cards from the Franciscan Mission Association. I hope the Franciscans will become more involved in the outreach to “former Catholics”. So many within the Church do not seem to fathom the great loss to the Church when our brothers and sisters who have been Baptized into the Catholic Church for one reason or another simply leave.

We need to follow Jesus in seeking the scattered sheep; to lift them upon our shoulders (figuratively, if not literally) and carry them home to the arms of the Good Shepherd. Please continue to pray with us, and for us, as we begin this new “Returning Catholics Series” on Feb. 23 in our parish. Thanks, again. :slight_smile:

Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kindgom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliever us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

May the most just, the most loveable, and the most high Will of God be done, be praised, be fulfilled in all things. Amen.

oh yes and, they will return, you’ll see.

Padre nuestro que estás en el cielo, santificado sea Tu nombre, venga a nosotros Tu reino, hágase Tu voluntad aquí en la tierra como en el cielo. Danos hoy nuestro pan de cada día, perdona nuestras ofensas como también nosotros perdonamos a los que nos ofenden. Y no nos dejes caer en tentación y líbranos del mal. Amén.

Dios te salve María, llena eres de gracia, el Señor es contigo. Bendita tú eres entre todas las mujeres y bendito es el fruto de tu vientre, Jesús. Santa María, Madre de Dios, ruega por nosotros pecadores ahora y en la hora de nuestra muerte. Amén.

Gloria al Padre, gloria al Hijo, gloria al Espíritu Santo, como era en un principio, ahora y siempre por los siglos de los siglos. Amén.

Santa María, esperanza nuestra, esclava del Señor, ruega por nosotros.
San Rafael, ruega por nosotros.
San Juan, ruega por nosotros.
Santa Ana, ruega por nosotros.
Santa Mónica, ruega por nosotros.

Translation:

Holy Mary, our hope, handmade of the Lord, pray for us.
St. Raphael, pray for us.
St. John, pray for us.
St. Anne, pray for us.
St. Monica, pray for us.

Muchas gracias! (Many thanks) :slight_smile:

Dear A.S.

Thanks again for your faithfulness in praying for our brothers and sisters to return “Home”.
Please, everyone, keep up the prayers. Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.