Prayer for girlfriend

I’d like to ask for prayers for a girlfriend. She doesn’t drink as often as many people in her country, and has (maybe due to that fact) a lower tolerance- a little affects her very easily and in some not so pleasant ways at times.

Since it is her culture and she’s still young, she doesn’t see much harm in it, but it hurts me greatly. Especially since she seems to drink most and get most affected when she’s upset.

A couple months ago, her life reached a point of despair, and rather than talking with me or anyone about it, she went out to a party and got totally wasted, which really struck a blow to me.
That was the first time she’d ever been drunk enough to pass out or have a hangover. She later told me that I was the only one who showed any concern for her when it happened.

Several of my friends have told me that they would’ve broken up with her by now, but I love her and want to help her. Her life story isn’t the happiest by any means, and in a lot of ways it’s already a miracle that she’s not worse off than she is.

I’d like to ask for prayer for both her life’s troubles, since she has many, as well as for temperance for when she does decide to drink.
Also, I’d also like a petition for her enlightenment. She’s culturally Anglican, but doesn’t attend any church regularly. I myself am currently feeling called to become Catholic myself, so pray for me too.

I will pray for you both. Pray to Matt Talbot who is a patron of alcoholics. I’m not saying your girlfriend is an alcoholic, but it looks like she has the potential. May God bless you both.

Dear Lord Jesus, please grant this mans girlfriend temperance while drinking. Ease the problems of her life, guide her and grant her peace, love, health, and happiness. Grant her and her boyfriend the gift of Enlightenment, may they find Your Light through Your Holy Catholic Church. Also Lord, please Bless their relationship. Keep them Holy, faithful, pure, and chaste. May their relationship flourish and flower for You. If it be Your Holy Will O Lord, may they be married. Jesus, I Trust In You.
God Bless you and youre girlfriend,
Jacob :signofcross:

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][FONT=Georgia]†JMJTJ†[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
**[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]
[FONT=Georgia]She will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you †*[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

LORD Jesus
Guide Ur Daughter

LORD lead Apollo and his girlfriend to convert and transform their lives and be Catholic Christians and be filled with the Holy Spirit. Lord lead APOLLO’S GIRLFRIEND TO WALK AWAY FROM HER ADDICTION TO ALCOHOL AND TURN AWAY FROM LIVING IN THAT LIFESTYLE . LET HER TURN her LIFE AND HERSELF TO YOU FATHER AND TRUST IN YOU , YOUR WORD AND YOUR PROMISES LORD . I THANK YOU FOR THIS MY LORD AND GUIdE THIS YOUNG WOMAN TO YOUR HEART LORD , IN THE NAME OFMY SAVIOUR JESUS , Amen. Apollo pray always and know that the lord hears our prayers for you and your girlfriend. God bless you both, your brother in Christ, John

Praying very hard for you both!

Praying…

Hail Mary
full of grace
the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

• Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

I will try to pray a Most Holy Rosary for your girlfriend tomorrow!! May the Holy Spirit gift us with gifts through the Immaculate Heart of Mary!! May we and this thread be glories to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the Sacred Heart of Jesus!!

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

She has my prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.