Prayer for grace

O Blessed Mary, Mother of Love, I ask you to obtain for me by your holy prayers the graces I need to observe the two commandments of love: to love the Lord my God with all my heart, with all my soul, and with all my mind and to love my neighbor as myself, that is, to do unto others as I would have them do unto me;

O Blessed Mary, Mother of Joy, I ask you to obtain for me by your holy prayers the graces I need to live the Beatitudes: to be poor in spirit, to mourn, to hunger and thirst for righteousness, to be merciful, to be pure of heart, to be a peacemaker, to be persecuted for righteousness’ sake, reviled, persecuted against, and every kind of evil uttered against me, and to rejoice and be glad when this happens, knowing that my reward will be great in Heaven;

O Blessed Mary, Mother of Virtue, I ask you to obtain for me by your holy prayers the graces I need to live by the theological of faith, hope, and charity and the cardinal virtues of prudence, justice, fortitude, and temperance;

O Blessed Mary, Mother of Grace, I ask you to obtain for me by your holy prayers the graces I need to live in the Spirit of Jesus Christ: the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, counsel and fortitude, knowledge and piety, and fear of the Lord, the Spirit of charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, generosity, gentleness, faithfulness, modesty, self-control, and chastity;

O Blessed Mary, Mother of the Church, I ask you to obtain for me by your holy prayers the graces I need to obey the five precepts of the Church: to attend Mass on Sundays and on holy days of obligation and remain free from all activities that could impede the sanctification of such days, to confess my sins at least once a year, to receive Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist at least during the Easter season, to observe the days of fasting and abstinence, and to help provide for the needs of the Church;

O Blessed Mary, Mother of Mercy, I ask you to obtain for me by your holy prayers the graces I need to feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, clothe the naked, shelter the homeless, visit the sick, visit the imprisoned, and bury the dead and counsel the doubtful, instruct the ignorant, admonish sinners, comfort the afflicted, forgive offenses, bear wrongs patiently, and pray for the living and the dead;

O Blessed Mary, Mother of Holiness, I ask you to obtain for me by your holy prayers the graces I need to conquer within me the deadly sins of pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, and sloth;

O Blessed Mary, Mother of Justice, I ask you to obtain for me by your holy prayers the graces I need to preserve in obedience of faith unto death, to be prepared for particular judgment, to be saved from the fires of Hell and to be led into Heaven by your Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Lord Jesus Christ, my Love, my Joy, my Virtue and Grace, my Life, my Mercy, my Holiness, and my Justice! Help me to remember to live by the doctrines of my Mother and Teacher the Holy Catholic Church, which You founded on Saint Peter; which gushed forth from Your Side as You hung on the Holy Cross; which is already perfected in Your peerless Virgin Mother and Queen; and which will endure always, until the end of the age.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.