Prayer for Guidance

Dear Friends,

Please pray for me. I need am in need of confirmation and guidance. I have been in the military for 12 years. In these past 12 years I met my husband while stationed in Japan. We had two beautiful girls who are 4 and 7 years old. There have been some ups and downs along the way in my career. Last year my marriage almost ended and a few other things has happened and I feel it has been because of the very fast pace life my husband and I live, for he is a military member as well. I am at a crossroad because in 2017 I am able to separate from the military however, if I stay I can retire with full benefits in 6 years. I do not know if I have it in me to serve my country any longer. This is a very hard choice I have to make. Please pray for me.

:highprayer: Heavenly Father give wisdom and guidance to cymaldonado; surround her and her family with your grace, give her discernment and strength and resolve to follow your will for her life; enable communication between her and her husband, give them a hunger to each each other fully and to keep their marriage intact; and pour out your grace, mercy and peace upon them!!!

Ever loving Father, I pray that You might give me a heart of wisdom. I pray that I will always make wise choices; and when two paths seem to be equal, I pray You will help me to trust You even as I make my decision. Give me a heart that is willing to obey You, to respond in faith to the wisdom You give me. Amen.

I’m sorry you have struggled with marital problems to a point your marriage almost ended! Gosh! :bighanky:

However, you seem to have found a way to “hang in there”, even so.

Would you consider marital counseling? If one prefers, sometimes there are even Catholic options. I once had a secular counselor, but she was Christian and VERY spiritual. She was actually the best counselor I’ve ever had!

Now, even if your husband wouldn´t want to go to counseling, could you go alone?

I had ever considered counseling with her over Skype! Although, I never actually followed through with it.

When I have tough decisions to make, I sometimes go to a counselor, and often, the solution becomes apparent. Other times, I’ve taken out a sheet of paper, written down the pros and cons of each decision where I can look at it.

I used to work, VERY briefly, as a rental agent, and I could generally write the pros and cons down for a client, predict which apartment he/she would choose. Well, if the cons greatly outnumbered the pros, it became obvious. Sometimes, the strength of one pro’s or con’s, would tip it one way or the other. At yet other times, I’d look at the con side and try to fix…say, “If the owner will fix that, would you consider it?” So, I’d move one con to the pro side.

Often in counseling, one can learn SO much about relationships, communication. I learned a TON! It also serves as a way to vent with some neutral, objective person bound to confidentiality. He often has experience with hundreds, or thousands of cases, can offer ideas one has maybe never even considered.

If you haven´t yet tried it, what do you have t o lose? Whether he goes, or not, I think you might benefit either way, in getting this all off your chest. Often, just talking about a problem to another person is therapeutic, helpful. Good luck with whatever you decide. We’re rooting for you! :thumbsup:

A counselor often simplifies matters. One time mine just said, “It’s actually very simple. Yu have two options. You can stay or go”. Her simplicity helped me, greatly, to cut through everything and get to the bottom of it.

She was prepared to teach me how to detach, and more.

I’d recommend counseling to anybody with relationship problems. If it doesn’t work, you at least tried.

Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you guidance, direction, strength, fortitude & wisdom in your time of need. Thank you & your husband for your Military service.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying hard for you and your family.

Praying…

Praying for your discernment :slight_smile:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Pray with me to the Blessed Virgin Mary this prayer (never known to fail). Oh most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God; Immaculate Virgin, assist me in my necessity. Oh, Star of the Sea help me & show me you are my Mother. Oh Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven & Earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to succour me in my necessity. (make request) There are none that can withstand your power. Oh Mary, conceived without sin pray for us who have recourse to thee. (say 3 times) Holy Mary, I place this prayer in your hands. (say 3 times) Amen. Say this prayer 3 consecutive days & then you must publish it & it will be granted to you.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to her assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Remembering you in my daily prayers as you discern what action to take. God bless.

O Holy Patroness of those in need, St. Rita, whose pleadings before thy Divine Lord are almost irresistible, who for thy lavishness in granting favors hast been called the Advocate of the Hopeless and even of the Impossible; St. Rita, so humble, so pure, so mortified, so patient and of such compassionate love for thy Crucified Jesus that thou couldst obtain from Him whatsoever thou askest, on account of which all confidently have recourse to thee, expecting, if not alwavs relief, at least comfort; be propitious to our petition, showing thy power with God on behalf of thy suppliant; be lavish to us, as thou hast been in so many wonderful cases, for the greater glory of God, for the spreading of thine own devotion, and for the consolation of those who trust in thee. We promise, if our petition is granted, to glorify, thee by making known thy favor, to bless and sing thy praises forever. Relying then upon thy merits and power before the Sacred Heart of Jesus, we pray:*

(here mention your request).*

Obtain for us our request*
By the singular merits of thy childhood,*
Bv thy perfect union with the Divine Will,*
By thy heroic sufferings during thy married life,
By the consolation thou didst experience at the conversion of thy husband,*
By the sacrifice of thy children rather than see them grievously offend God,*
By thy miraculous entrance into the convent,*
By thy severe penances and thrice daily bloody scourgings,*
By the suffering caused by the wound thou didst receive from the thorn of thy Crucified Savior,*
By the divine love which consumed thy heart,*
By that remarkable devotion to the Blessed Sacrament, on which alone thou didst exist for 4 years,
By the happiness with which thou didst part from thy trials to join thy Divine Spouse,*
By the perfect example thou gavest to people of every state of life.*
Pray for us, 0 holy St. Rita,*
that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done on earth
as it is in heaven.
Give us this day
our daily bread, and
forgive us our trespasses as we
forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil. Amen.

Blessed art thou amongst women, and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now and at
the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and
to the Son, and
to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now, and
ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen. †

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle,
be our defense against the wickedness and snares
of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the
power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other
evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen. † :signofcross: :blessyou:

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

:amen:

O Holy Patroness of those in need, St. Rita, whose pleadings before thy Divine Lord are almost irresistible, who for thy lavishness in granting favors hast been called the Advocate of the Hopeless and even of the Impossible; St. Rita, so humble, so pure, so mortified, so patient and of such compassionate love for thy Crucified Jesus that thou couldst obtain from Him whatsoever thou askest, on account of which all confidently have recourse to thee, expecting, if not alwavs relief, at least comfort; be propitious to our petition, showing thy power with God on behalf of thy suppliant; be lavish to us, as thou hast been in so many wonderful cases, for the greater glory of God, for the spreading of thine own devotion, and for the consolation of those who trust in thee. We promise, if our petition is granted, to glorify, thee by making known thy favor, to bless and sing thy praises forever. Relying then upon thy merits and power before the Sacred Heart of Jesus, we pray:*

Please help me make this very hard career choice
Please help guide me to do what is best for my daughters and*
Please help my marriage.*

Obtain for us our request*
By the singular merits of thy childhood,*
Bv thy perfect union with the Divine Will,*
By thy heroic sufferings during thy married life,
By the consolation thou didst experience at the conversion of thy husband,*
By the sacrifice of thy children rather than see them grievously offend God,*
By thy miraculous entrance into the convent,*
By thy severe penances and thrice daily bloody scourgings,*
By the suffering caused by the wound thou didst receive from the thorn of thy Crucified Savior,*
By the divine love which consumed thy heart,*
By that remarkable devotion to the Blessed Sacrament, on which alone thou didst exist for 4 years,
By the happiness with which thou didst part from thy trials to join thy Divine Spouse,*
By the perfect example thou gavest to people of every state of life.*
Pray for us, 0 holy St. Rita,*

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.