Prayer for income/depression

Please pray for our family and esp for DH who is already struggling with depression over the news of our 3rd baby in 4 yrs of marriage due this December.

He just had a meeting at work about their payscale. He pays/processes medical claims and I don’t understand how ‘matrix’ works, but he is basically paid on his performance. He has an hourly wage, but he normally makes double that because of the volume and type of work available.

They have changed the policy on how penalties/errors are weighted and it will enormously effect our income to where he will actually be making less than his hourly (which is already less than my own). Praying that enough complaints by employees will prompt his company/client to change their policy.

He loves his work, but I can’t help wondering if God has greater plans for him. I’d love for him to at least get an Associates at the local community college, but we cannot afford tuition. We both make probably the best money we can make in a small rural community with not many employment options, esp for 2 people without college degrees. And DH is not the manual labor breed.

Also, he was on the patch to quit smoking and did great for 6 weeks, but he has started smoking again. Praying that he will follow thru with giving this up, if for no other reason than the simple fact that we cannot afford it.

Pray for our growing family.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Praying for you (and baby) and your DH. God Bless you both. Keeping your intentions in prayer…Take Care…

For you, your husband and your children

**Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven. **
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end**. Amen

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord, please extend Your Mercy upon this family, if You so will it. Allow them to be freed of their financial burdens. We thank You, Lord, for giving this couple employment, but please help improve the quality of that employment for this husband. Moreover, Lord, protect this marriage from deteriorating because of these difficulties, and foster within them a spirit of understanding and communication. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Praying for all your intentions.

Our Father who art in Heaven,hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done. On earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, and deliver us from every evil, Amen.

Lord let Your love shine upon them, and provide for them, in this, their hour of need.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

St Monica pray for JLCecilia

In prayer for you, your husband, and your family…and finances

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Please continue to pray. We had hopes that his employer would reverse their decision, but it sounds as though they plan to go forward with this. I don’t know if this is just a storm we need to weather and maybe his employer will reverse their decision on down the road after experiencing the negative consequences of this decision.

DH is considering applying for a job where his brother and mother work - where his father retired from about 5 years ago and where he and his other brother and sister-in-law have worked in the past. It doesn’t sound like the hourly is anwhere comparable to what we’re used to him making, and not only that, but the health benefits cannot be anywhere comparable to what we have now. We rely heavily on our Health Savings Account to pay our medical bills and his employer matches us on our contribution which helps a great deal. And of the course the biggest concern is for DH’s attendance. I cannot see any other employer ANYWHERE being as gracious to DH on this matter as his current employer. He very often misses and is late probably 65% of the time.

Maybe this is God’s way of bringing DH to his knees to really face matters and deal with them. I just wish he didn’t have to drag me and the kids into all this too! Still praying that DH will buckle down and see the dr about his chronic GI problems and get back on the patch.

Praying for God’s discernment in all of this.

Dear God please helf this husband to wake up to being responsible about his work without a major crisis and crash. Please help him to realise his responsibility to his family and protect his job, especially in these difficult economic times.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Amen.

DH’s boss had given him hope a few days ago that by today they would have some good news on this situation, but all we found out today is that they will hold out for one more pay period. Two more weeks to pray for this special intention that they would reverse their decision on this matter.

DH has been very gracious this week: he is not a morning person at all and we normally get gipey w/ one another, but he has been kind even when neither of us has had much sleep. He has helped at least some with the kids in the morning and has been getting to work consistently in a more timely fashion. When he comes home he rolls up his sleeves and gets to work - I don’t even have to ask! His diligence in this area has inspired me to reciprocate and has made my chores less burdensome. Instead of taking the mentality of ‘all the stuff I do and he doesn’t do,’ all I think about is, ‘what can I do to help him out.’

Hoping for lots more of this! Started my novena to St.Rita this week. Please continue to pray.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Amen.

For your husband and you and your family

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

For you, your husband and your children.
May God hear and grant your prayers

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.