Prayer for knee surgery

I am having my knee surgery today. I have to be at the surgery center a 11:45, but I don’t know when it actual procedure is scheduled. I am nervous (I am human, after all), but I am keeping my eye on the immediate prize (the possibility that after 33 days on crutches today that I may soon be able to go without them) and in who’s care and love I’m in.

Thanks and God Bless you!

Ericka

Ericka…I’m praying for you and praying that God will surround you with the love and power of peace of the Holy Spirit. My husband had total knee replacement…so I know a little of how you feel. Dear God. Give Ericka peace and guide the Doctors and Nurses that tend to her the wisdom, skill and knowledge to make this go smoothly. Please, God, lessen her anxiety and fill her with beautiful thoughts. For this I pray.
Diane:byzsoc:

Praying for the complete success of your surgery. I had a hip replaced in 1993 and it’s been wonderful. My brother had his knee replaced a year and a half ago and is completely pain free. I wish the same success for you.

Praying that all goes well with the surgery and recovery.

Jesus please help Ericka in coping with initial pain and physiotherapy. Please help her to recover well, surrounded by Your love.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers!

I slept all of 10 hours the past 3 days, so I pretty much came home and passed out. It hurt really badly when I first got home (and trying to get in a comfortable position… YIKES!), but after I have gotten some sleep and have iced it down, the pain is really no worse than before the surgery, and I think the pain now is from the actual procedure itself.

I only had to have one shot of the pre-surgery sedative (the other two I’ve had, they almost had to make me crazy to keep me from panicking). I attribute that, and the relative ease of recovery (so far) from everyone’s prayers. After they gave me the sedative, I completely forgot almost every single prayer except for Hail, Mary. So I said it over and over again, and it felt as each time I said it, a little more of the stress and tension left my body. I have never really firsthand experienced the power of the Blessed Mother to comfort her children, and to say the experience was profound for me is a severe understatement. I would have been glad to have gone through this experience with much more pain if it would have meant me experiencing that again.

God moves in mysterious (and wonderful) ways!

Bless you!

Ericka

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

My best friend had knee surgery years ago. I wasn’t friends with him at the time but I know that it was probably a horrible thing to have to go through. I am praying for you.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers! Still relatively pain free and it seems the underlying problems have been fixed! I am definately going to mass tomorrow, and I will be offering up prayers for everyone here.

Thanks, and God Bless,

Ericka

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.