Prayer for love of self

Pray that i would love my self, i already do kinda because i kinda seem myself the same way god sees me, perfect in every way, but is a really weak kind of strength i have towards that but all i ask is that i feel a stronger love for myself you know what i mean?

Praying for your intentions.

I’m afraid that the only creature that our Lord sees as perfect in every way is the Blessed Virgin Mary, but He still loves us all and wants us all to be perfect, as He is perfect. I just said a prayer for you. God bless you.

I think one loves onself, first, by taking care of oneself and one’s needs…physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.

A lot of times, it is easy to neglect our needs, and while that might work, temporarily, it’s not helpful in the long run, in my opinion.

If you love yourself, take care of your health and well being. If you take care of yourself, don’t allow yourself to be other people’s emotional punching bag, stand up for yourself, as you would others…get medical attention.

Really, we should also eat right, exercise, and have some form of outlets, hobbies…mental stimulation, social life.

If you hate yourself, it will be more difficult for you to love others. You will see.

We can give, give, give, but after a while, we run on empty. In social work, and other helping professions, they emphasize the importance of taking care of oneself, also to prevent burnout.

If you get enough rest, exercise, eat right, get medical attention and more when needed and also have recreation, you will be happier, be more in a position to give to others.

We need to avoid extremes…not too much self love such as the narcissists have and not to little, those with no confidence in themselves or low self esteem. Strive for a middle-of-the-road approach on that.

:thumbsup:

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to his assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Love of self starts with the desire for loving OTHERS!
First off, in your prayers, pray and intercede for those
you care deeply about, those that you can sympathize
with and those you find hard to love, but you see their need.
Last of all, pray for your ENEMIES, those who trespass and
oppress you, and your LOVE OF SELF will be perfected!

I, too, have the problem of not loving myself. It seems that I find every thing bad about myself and go through the list in my head. Please do not do this. If you catch yourself doing it, pray and tell yourself how important you are. You are breathing now and you are important. You make a difference.

Praying.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.