Prayer for me and my husband

We are getting ready to start RCIA. My husband and I grew up non-denominational and up until 2 years ago, he prayed every day and kept a journal . He has shared with me that he has become numb to his faith and he doesn’t feel at peace with God anymore with every day stress and anxiety taking over him. We’ve been going to Mass for 2 months now at a very warm and welcoming parish. We have been lost this past year on what to do with our faith. I’ve been reading a lot about Catholicism. I got curious because a friend of my husband’s invited us to Mass for their anniversary. I didn’t know what to do :slight_smile: ,but I thought it was beautiful, and I had the desire to keep going to experience it.
He goes to Church because of me and our children and he is willing to go to RCIA, hoping that he’ll have that “a-ha” moment. I hope so too. I know only the Holy Spirit can do it, but I’m praying that his heart will open up to learning about the Church. I hope that he can feel refreshed with his faith.
Thanks
liz

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Please know that I am praying for you and your entire family. And believe me, those “a-ha” moments come from waaaaaay outta left field!

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Prayers to the two of you. I went through RCIA this past year and it was very rewarding and eye opening. Continue to search to find the answers to the questions you have. I still search daily here at this site or using other resources.

Praying For Both Of You
Grandma Glor

***+JMJTJ+

You and your husband will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Liz, welcome, and congratulations that you have been given the grace to join us; and that your husband is such a lovely man that he is willing to be open to the grace. Bless you both! And your children. God grant that your husband and children will receive the Catholic faith, and that you will all remain vibrantly and peacefully faithful.

Holy Spirit of God please continue to flood Your love, wisdom, and truth into Liz and her family. Thank You!

Prayers promised

He’s willing, and that is a blessing in itself. You all, especially your husband, will be in my prayers.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.