Prayer for Me and My Husband

Please pray for healing in my marriage of 30 years. I have spent many years caring from my husband's parents and more recently my mother -- all of whom have passed on. My in laws were terminally ill simultaneously and my husband was seriously injured in accident, so I was pretty much on my own caring for all of them while still trying to work a full time job. Almost immediately after my in laws passed away, my own parents came to live with us at my husband's request. My mother was very ill and she passed away last May after 2 1/2 years in our home. Sadly, as time went on, my husband became angry at my parents and at my siblings and he took out his hostility on me. His anger and rudeness to my family causes me great pain. I love him and my family both. He is rude and disrespectful to my father, who is a kind and gentle 82 year old man with mild dementia. I am at my wits end from constantly being caught in the middle. My family does not fight back with him -- but his constant bad mouthing about them strikes me deep in my heart. I fear his bitterness will permanently damage our marriage. I have prayed about this myself. We have had counseling -- while my mother was still living. Besides saying I was the nicest person he knows, and that he is a not that nice, nothing really came from the sessions. I am praying for peace and that he gives up his bitterness. Your prayers will be appreciated.

Mother Mary please intercede for Pamm and her husband.Please pray that her husband will recognis his unkind behaviour and change to be a loving supportive husband and son-in-law.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
That never was it known
That anyone who fled to thy protection,
Implored thy help
Or sought thy intercession,
Was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence.
I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come,
Before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful,
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
Despise not my petitions (in my necessity)
But in thy mercy (clemency) hear and answer me. Amen.

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy;
Hail, our life,
Our sweetness and our hope.
To thee do we cry,
Poor banished children of Eve:
To thee do we sigh,
Mourning and weeping
In this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate,
Thine eyes of mercy towards us
And, after this our exile,
Show unto us
The blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving,
O sweet Virgin Mary.
Prayer for us, O Holy Mother of God
That we may be made worthy
Of the Promises of Christ. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of grace!
The Lord is with thee;
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit
Of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour
Of our death. Amen

Loving God,

We thank you for your many blessings in our lives and today we especially thank you for the gift of children who care for and tend to aging parents. We lift up our intentions for dear Pamm who has been consumed with care giving and work during the past several years and who desires to live peacefully and comfortably with her extended family. We ask that the special graces of your loving Holy Spirit may help her husband to become a more tolerant and active member of the family, and that he may see the face of Jesus in those he encounters in his life. Please bless this family, help them to avoid negative and destructive behaviors and interactions, and help Pamm to trust in your divine providence as she hopes for the best for her entire family. Please grant special blessings to Pamm who has faithfully cared for these aging parents in her extended family while also caring for her own family.

We pray in the name of your beloved son, our Lord Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Lord,
I humbly come to your throne of grace this morning. I lift up this precious and caring daughter of yours, Pamm. Oh Lord, how you know her heart. How you know her love for you, as she serves unselfishly to so many. Now I ask kind Father to heal Pamm’s marriage. Heal her husband’s thinking. I ask in the power of the HOLY SPIRIT to come in this home and fill every corner with your presence. Open Pamm’s husband’s eyes and show him that his unkind attitude is not holy but hurtful. We ask this in the name of our Precious Savior, Jesus. Amen.

Holy Mother of God embrace Pamm with your kind and dear presence and please Holy Mother, Our beautiful Lady pray for her. Amen.

Pamm,

I will offer up my rosary prayers for your intentions tonight. I hope it will bring you some comfort and give you the graces that you need right now for your situation.

A Novena Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

Loving God,

We thank you for your many blessings in our lives and today we especially thank you for the gift of children who care for and tend to aging parents. We lift up our intentions for dear Pamm who has been consumed with care giving and work during the past several years and who desires to live peacefully and comfortably with her extended family. We ask that the special graces of your loving Holy Spirit may help her husband to become a more tolerant and active member of the family, and that he may see the face of Jesus in those he encounters in his life. Please bless this family, help them to avoid negative and destructive behaviors and interactions, and help Pamm to trust in your divine providence as she hopes for the best for her entire family. Please grant special blessings to Pamm who has faithfully cared for these aging parents in her extended family while also caring for her own family.

We pray in the name of your beloved son, our Lord Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

I will pray for you and your husband, and for your family, at Mass.

Lord, I pray for a conversion of heart for Pamm's husband and that Pamm has a gentle but firm heart-to-heart conversation with him about his rudeness and how it terribly effects her and must stop. Please, give her the right words to speak to him, and help open the heart of her husband to see how badly he is hurting her and her entire family; help him to see how much damage he is doing to all, most especially the damage he is doing to his own soul. Please bring peace to this household and the spirit of charity to her husband. Help Pamm to approach her husband and to find comfort and strength in you through all of this. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

[quote="Pamm, post:1, topic:180237"]
Please pray for healing in my marriage of 30 years.............my husband was seriously injured in accident, Your prayers will be appreciated.

[/quote]

Pamm, you don't specify your husband's condition. Is he on medication. Both my wife and I have had experience with our fathers becoming very angry. We intervened by going to their doctors, and getting medications properly administered to correct their anger. In both cases it worked. So, I wouldn't rule out medical intervention with your husband.

Am praying for you both.

Loving God,

Amen.

Thank you all for your prayers. To answer a question, my husband is not on medication. He was while my mother was living but once she passed away, he stopped taking the medication. I have accepted that I can not make him to what he does not want to do -- so I pray for strength myself; I pray he finds it in his heart to see my love for my family and to at least show compasion and understanding. Thank you again -- I am confident your prayers will help us. Please keep praying.

Loving God,

Amen.

A Novena Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

Praying my heart out for your intention Pamm.

Loving God,

Amen.

HEALING AND RENEWAL
Lord Jesus Christ,
most Holy Redeemer,
you make all things new.
Your word promises:
Whoever is in Christ has become a new creation.
The old has passed away;
behold the new has come.
Renew us, and heal us with your love.
Make new my mind:
let me see life and death,
time and eternity,
this world and beyond,
with the eyes of faith.
Make new my will:
let me walk more loyally
in the way of your commandments.
Make new my heart:
let me love your truly
and love others for your sake.
Make new, Lord Jesus, my whole life:
let there be no more sin,
no more compromise,
but only devotion to you.
I bring to you, dearest Lord,
my life and it is, my hopes and dreams,
my struggles and pains,
my fears, anxieties and addictions,
my hurts, my talents,
my achievements, my disappointments
and my sickness.
I bring to you all whom I love.
I entrust all to you
and with confident faith I take heart;
for you make all things new.

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Dearest Lord,

I continue to hold up Pamm and her husband in prayer, please Lord help this family through your Love and grace. In Jesus name. Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.