Prayer for my dying father

Please pray that the end is peaceful for my father who is losing his battle with cancer. He’s in so much pain, and cannot find relief from it. His medicines are no longer helping. Prayer for my mother’s strength during this chapter of their lives after 45 years of marriage.

Please Lord Jesus if your plan does not include the healing of this man then provide peace and comfort relief for him and let him enjoy his last time with his family.

Also lord comfort his family and friends and provide peace to them in this tragic hour when they need you so much, in your name I pray, amen

Father please grant ease of pain, and grant peace to Cabolissa’s Dad. Please grant that his wife and family are of great comfort for him, and prepare his soul for heaven. Please give strength and consolation to his wife and family. I ask this, Father, in Jesus name.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

michaelcollins said it well…

Praying the Our Father for your Dad:

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying for your father and mother.

Praying for your parents…Take Care…

Praying for your father and mother.

your father and your mother are in my prayer

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

I’ll be praying for your dad, mother and you.

Praying for your dad … Take care

praying that God may ease your dads suffering in his final stage of his battle with cancer, also that you and your mum may have the strength to cope with what lies ahead. God bless you all.

Cabolissa,

Your prayer intention touches my heart. Three years ago this coming Friday I lost my father. He had had a long struggle with COPD.

My prayers will be for your father and his struggle against cancer. May the pain and suffering he endures be overcome by his faith in Our Lord. May he also find comfort in his loving wife and family.

I will also pray for you and all of your family. May your faith in God also guide you through these hard times and may your mother always remember the times full of life and love and not only the struggles you now endure.

Praying! :signofcross:
Steve

“Entrust your cares to the LORD, and he will uphold you.” Ps 55:23…I too will keep your Dad in my prayers.

praying

Well, I just returned from a trip back home where I attended my father’s memorial service.
He entered into this life 12/12/1936 and entered into eternal life 4/10/2009 on Good Friday.
This is what I shared at his service:

I’m going to share two Firefighter’s Pledges, because I think they really show Dad’s strength and character.

A Firefighter’s Pledge
I promise concern for others.
A willingness to help all those in need.
Promise courage - courage to face and conquer my fears.
Courage to share and endure the ordeal of those who need me.
I promise strength - strength of heart to bear
whatever burdens might be placed upon me.
Strength of body to deliver to safety
all those placed within my care.
I promise the wisdom to lead,
the compassion to comfort,
and the love to serve unselfishly
whenever I am called.

The Solemn Pledge of the Los Angeles Firefighters
… To Always Be There When You Need Us.
To Protect You From Harm.
To Always Do Our Best.
To Never Take Your Support For Granted.

I have a lot of great memories of my dad being a firefighter. I remember he worked a lot of holidays, and I’ll never forget having Thanksgiving turkey dinner at the firehouse, or Santa on the fire engine at Christmastime! It was awesome, because they made enough for anyone in the neighborhood who wanted to stop by and have a bite and take a toy. I loved waterskiing with the LAFD boat and ski club, and riding dirt bikes in the desert with a group of fire friends… As a kid, I loved the burnt smell of his turnout coat and boots, but I never had any idea what horrors they’d visited while collecting the scent.

Thank you Dad…
For all you’ve accomplished over the years. Your public service. And private love.
You will be missed, but we know that you’re relived from pain now.
I’m proud, but not surprised, at how honorable and courageous you were up until the end. I find peace knowing that you had a gentle transition to God, during a well-deserved slumber.

I’m grateful for the years we lived close to you and mom, after living abroad. I’m so happy you had a chance to know your granddaughter and grandson; how they loved to visit (and make a mess of) your house! I can’t help thinking of you every time I hear them jumping upstairs in our new house, “what’re those kids DOING up there?!” We will always remember you with love Dad. My family and I have memories we’ll cherish forever.
We love you and know that we will one day be reunited in Heaven. But, until then, say hi to the family for me!

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord. And may Your Perpetual Light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.
Amen.

Amen

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord. And may Your Perpetual Light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.