Prayer for my family

It’s been a long time since I posted…sorry. Been so busy. Now a new development in my life has increased the busy-ness factor, and I just want to stop and beg for prayers.
My husband’s ex wife is filing an expedited order to try to take full custody of his daughter and move to a town that is over 6 hours away. The sticking point is that he is away, working…and it is not possible to contact him. He has a seasonal job that requires him to be deep in the wilderness for about a month and a half once a year. So, ex is trying to force the issue while he is away. I’ve scheduled a meeting with his lawyer, hopefully I can retain her on his behalf.
Some background, for those who don’t know: ex wife is mentally ill, dangerous, harassing, intimidating, bullying, and lives a VERY immoral lifestyle with constant turmoil and tumultuous relationships. The little girl does not need to be exposed to that–we are trying to raise her to have morals :eek: We have shared custody, the best we could do at the time. I’m praying that the judge will see this for what it is, and put a stop to her using the courts to harass us and drain us financially. Most of all, to put a stop to her destructive influence on the daughter.
The woman has already bought a house, gotten a job, and registered the little girl for school down there. Madness, I tell you.
I guess I’ve done all in my power for now. It’s all up to God–it always is anyway. Please pray…thanks

Father, in the name of Your Son Jesus please secure the best interests of this little girl quickly and effectively. Send Your Holy Spirit into all concerned so that there is a just and loving solution.

Please comfort and strengthen all concerned.

Mother Mary please intercede.

Saint Louis and Saint Joseph of Calasanz, pray for us! :gopray:

From the Universalis website, featured saints of the day:

Saint Louis (1214 - 1270)
He became King of France (as Louis IX) at the age of 12. He was married and had eleven children, to whom he gave an excellent upbringing. He was noted for his spirit of prayer and penitence and for his love for the poor. He ran his kingdom not only to give peace to the people and economic stability but also for their spiritual good. He founded the Sorbonne and was a friend of St Thomas Aquinas. He was trusted by his fellow-rulers in Europe and often asked to arbitrate in their disputes. He undertook two unsuccessful crusades to liberate Christ’s burial-place and on the second of these he died, near Carthage, in the year 1270.
See also the articles in the Catholic Encyclopaedia and Wikipedia.

Saint Joseph of Calasanz (1557 - 1648)
He was born in Aragón, received an excellent education and was ordained priest. After working in his own country for some time he went to Roma, where he worked for the education of the poor and founded a religious congregation for that purpose. His idea was that every child should receive an education. As one might expect, he was the object of much envy and calumny. He died in Rome in 1648.
See also the Catholic Encyclopaedia and Wikipedia.

universalis.com/-400/today.htm

Lord,
Please help this chlid to find herself in the environment which would be best for her and be according to Your Will. Do not allow her to be something her parents battle over in court, but help her to become the daughter they cooperated in the creation of.

Help this woman see that her daughter is not leverage for winning a court case. Help this woman let go of her resentments towards her ex-husband and help her to clean her life up so she can find You at the center of it. Help her to consecrate herself to You and to live life according to faith so her daughter has an increased chance of doing so.

Amen, Amen!
+

Know that I am praying for your entire family … for the ex to find the Lord … for your husband and your daughter!

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Praying.

God bless,
Ut

lumenorientale:

I’m praying for your intentions.

Prayerfully,

Renato

Thank you everyone for your prayers. It is comfort just to know that there are those praying for us.
As an update, the court master’s office called and left a message on my anwering machine (I got back too late from work to return the call…:frowning: ). They said they had issued and order on the case. I won’t be able to find out what that entails until tomorrow morning. I’m just sick to my stomach…(it takes a lot to do that to me, I’m a critical care nurse, if that tells you anything about my stomach). I can’t eat, or sleep, I’m so worried about this little girl…but your prayers, as I’ve said, bring me, and my husband comfort.
But, I will trust in the Lord. I will give an update for you as soon as I know.

Sorry for posting more to this,but I am updating the “order” from last night was that my husband would have to file an opposition to the expedited motion by the 3rd of September. Unfortunately, our attorney can’t do this, we have to do it. So, because my husband is out in the bush, I will have to. I realize I seem to be making more out of this than maybe it is, but the little girl is now my daughter too, and I cannot imagine life with out her. She is part of me.
Again, your prayers are the only comfort we have. I will keep updating, and asking for more prayers–as I feel like we need them every step of the way.

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

I promised updates, so that we can pray together every step of the way. The worst possible thing has happened. The judge ruled, without a hearing, without a CHANCE for my husband to seek representation, to award temporary full custody to the mother, so that she can move 6 hours away. No hearing, no protection…nothing. The judge has basically said “it’s okay, never mind a long standing shared custody order that has been in place for 5 years–go ahead, take off, move, relocate, while I strip the father of his custody while he is gone working.” So when my husband comes back and opposes this–it will be an uphill battle because the girl will be going to school down there, have a home down there, get friends down there. (Understand, this 6 hour drive is over dangerous, icy roads that people die on every year. It’s not just your flat highway. Visitation will be not only hard, but dangerous). Without a miracle, we’ve basically lost her–because her mother will do all in her power to alienate her from us by manipulation. The ex wife has already physically threatened me, screams cuss words over the phone at us all the time, tells her daughter that her father is “a worthless piece of s**t” and that her stepmom is “trash,” and says horrible anti-Catholic things to the little girl.

Can’t say I quite understand God’s providence in this one. It makes no sense to me, or my husband. I’ve been crying non-stop all day long today. A part of our family has been ripped away from us. And without us being able to defend our family–some judge came along and ripped it apart. And probably won’t be put back together…without a miracle. We are going to fight, and fight hard. But, we have no hope. I don’t even know if I can pray right now. Well God, what have you to say about this one? Because I sure can’t figure it out.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

Lord Jesus Christ…let you will be done!!

***+JMJTJ+

I am so sorry for your hurt and disappontment.
God’s ways are not our ways…we must trust in times of darkness; such is faith.

Be assured you will be sustained by our continued prayers during this difficult time; emotionally and spiritually.

***Pour out your heart to God; he can handle it! :wink:

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Thank you so much. My husband and I were both reeling from the shock of it all last night. Now we’ve regrouped, and are ready to fight again. I trust so much in your prayers, they are a consolation to me. God bless you.

Praying For The Little Girl So That She Can Be With Her Dad And A Mother Who Loves Her Dearly
Grandma Glor

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.