prayer for my family

hey there :slight_smile: its been a while since ive posted so i decided to update and request some prayer!

as most of you know I started RCIA in august and its going great :smiley: I have class at its usual time but thats no biggie since Father was willing to meet with me privatly once a week after mass…and i think i get a lot more out of one on one conversations with him.

The only thing thats not going so well is my family accepting my decision to become catholic. My moms (who used to be catholic and considered becoming a nun) was the most opposed at first, when she 1st found out she wanted me out of the house…but she later apologized, and I know she didn’t mean it. Even if she doesn’t agree with me, she starting to come around and be a lot nicer about it…which is really good :slight_smile:

My dad is sorta a different story. I never thought he cared that much about religion, even though his dad was a baptist preacher. When he 1st found out i was converting he didn’t seem to be that concerned either way…but recently hes been getting very confrontational about it and i’m seeing a side of him i’ve never faced before. Hes never physically hurt me before but recently whenever the subject of religion comes up (a topic i now avoid…whether or not i should) he snaps and has hit me and even threw me against the wall. he’s not normally a violent person and this really schocked me more than it hurt. :frowning:

I feel guilty that my decision to become catholic has caused my once happy family so much pain :blush: Fortunatly, in January I’m moving to Chicago for college, and things should get better :slight_smile: but until then please keep me and my family in your prayers! Thanks very much!

Holy Mother Mary please protect and embrace your daughter and our friend. May she remain safe from every form of attack. Please may God guide her in every action and deed. May she always feel His presence and always feel safe.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

I’m so sorry that this is happening in your home. May God bless you and may the angels protect you,

Clare x

thanks Clare
I know it will all work out in the end and be worth it :slight_smile:

O God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
our only Savior, the Prince of Peace:
Give us grace seriously to lay to heart
the great dangers we are in by our unhappy divisions;
take away all hatred and prejudice,
and whatever else may hinder us from godly union and concord;
that, as there is but one Body and one Spirit,
one hope of our calling, one Lord, one Faith, one Baptism,
one God and Father of us all,
so we may be all of one heart and of one soul,
united in one holy bond of truth and peace,
of faith and charity,
and may with one mind and one mouth glorify You;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary,
that never was it known,
that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help, or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
though burdened by my sins,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you I come, before you I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions, but in your mercy,
hear and answer me.
Amen

defend us in battle.

Oh my poor beegirl, I am so sorry that you are having to go through this.

There is sure something eating at your dad, either from what he heard as a child from his dad, or maybe something from when your mom considered becoming a nun. There is something your dad is reacting to, but I really don’t think it’s you the person. He seems like he fears something, and this is bringing that fear back up for him.

I’m glad you will be out of that situation when you go to college, and I will pray hard for you till then. Just try your best to keep out of his way, don’t talk religion in your home (in case he overhears you, you have to stay safe). Is there perhaps another relative you can stay with? Have the relative say that THEY need help with something, so your parents don’t think this is your idea.

Your number one job is to stay safe.

You will certainly recieve many graces for being persecuted like you are, and you are in great company starting with Jesus Himself. Stay strong beegirl, you must be a very powerful force for good for all that satan is throwing at you.

I will pray for you daily, and say a Rosary for your protection. May Archangel St. Raphael, who is the patron saint of Guardian Angels, join with yours to surround you and protect you from harm.

I will also ask the group CAF Prayer Warriors to pray for you to keep you safe. Take care little one, and I am sending you a big hug :hug3:and my love.

Lord please grant strength to beegirl as she joins Your church and faces adversity along the way.Please bless her and guide her and may her families hearts soften with her example of faith.Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

What your decision to respond to God’s call has done is not so much divided your family, as to bring to the surface how profoundly your Dad needs prayer.
If he always had things his own way, then you might never have found out that a lot of prayer is necessary for your father to become a Christian in his heart.

He has now shown he will commit physical violence if things aren’t the way he wants them, so thankfully we now know that your father needs more prayer than you might have imagined.

It is disappointing to see this side of your loved Dad, but for his eternal salvation, now you know and can pray for this human weakness in him. He didn’t have to use physical violence, or emotional abuse. Many of us have disappointments in radical choices our children make, but we don’t use violence or punish them. Some of our children’s choices break our hearts as many who visit here know…but we don’t physically attack them or beat them up emotionally. Fear, in some form or other, is possibly at the base of his reaction. It’s not a good emotion to take chances with regarding your Dad

It isn’t about you, it’s about him…you didn’t cause it, the tendency had to be in him…and it’s a matter for compassion for him, not blame. And as Tuscany indicated, for your safety and for charity, try not to bring up the subject of religion with your Dad…you already know the probable result and you already now know your Dad needs prayer. You don’t want your Dad to do anything more you both will regret.

Please keep safe as you keep the faith. Hugs, Trishie

May the Angels of God surround you continually.
May the Spirit of God’s love fill you and your parents.

thanks everyone!

we now know that your father needs more prayer than you might have imagined.

I agree…and I know that my dad loves me very much, and I love him. I guess he’s just confused about my decision and handling it the wrong way. I like to think that someday we will be able to be as close again and I don’t doubt that that will happen :slight_smile:

I am praying for you and your family.

thanks again everyone…it really means a lot to know there are people out there praying for me and my family!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

defend us in battle.

I’m praying for your father and mother to accept your decision …

The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
pray for us sinners,
Amen.

God bless you,
Clare

Hail Mary conceived without sin.
Pray for us who have recourse to thee.

The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
pray for us sinners,
Amen.

God bless you and may the angels protect you,
Clare

O Glorious Apostle, St. Jude Thaddeus,
true relative of Jesus and Mary,
I salute you through the most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Through this Heart I praise and thank God
for all the graces He has bestowed upon you.
Humbly prostrate before you,
I implore you through this Heart to look down upon us with compassion.
O despise not our poor prayer,
let not our trust be confounded.
To you God has granted the privilege
of aiding mankind in the most desperate cases.
O come to our aid in this great need that we may praise the mercies of God.
All my life I will be grateful to you
and will be your faithful client until I can thank you in heaven.
St. Jude, help of the hopeless, aid us in our distress.

Keeping you in my prayers. Hang in there!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.