Prayer for my husband's illness

Please pray for my husband, whose leg is suddenly swollen double its size and becoming red. It’s the leg which had a bone infection a couple of years ago. I wanted to take him to the ER tonight but he refused.
I put his leg up on pillows and will take him in tomorrow if it’s not greatly improved.
Appreciate all prayers.

I’m sure someone’s already said this, but I didn’t take time to read the replies. This is urgent. He’s already had a bone infection. Time is of the essence. This is no time for him to be stubborn, but it is time for you to be. Take him to the ER. If he won’t go, whack him up side the head and call an ambulance. When they get there, you can say, I dunno, maybe he slipped, and Oh, look how big his leg is, wonder when that happened? :smiley:

All kidding aside, this is really nothing to play around with. I’ll pray for you and for your stubborn hubby. Oy, you’re gonna get to skip purgatory, huh? :wink:

Edit: Okay, so there weren’t any replies yet. I said I didn’t take time to look, didn’t I? :wink:

Viki you must be so worried. I ask the Lord to encourage your husband to go to emergency in the morning

Vicki, I will remember your husband and you when I pray my Rosary.:gopray2:

But, please, get him to a doctor or the ER. He is probably more frightened than stubborn.:hug3: :blessyou:

Well, Viki, I hope that the fact that you haven’t come back on to post to this thread for a while, is a sign that you were able to convince your hubby to hie himself to the doctor, not in the morning, but now, er, then. If one’s leg is swollen to double its normal size and one has any history of such a serious condition in the past, such as a bone infection, this is really nothing to ignore or to wait to see if it’ll be all better in the a.m.

I’d err on the side of caution. Better safe than sorry and all that. But that’s just my two shekels. :slight_smile: Keeping ya’ll in my prayers.

LORD Jesus
Heal Ur Son

You need to take your husband to the ER. I hope that you are there already.

You and your husband are in my prayers Viki.

God Bless

Prayers promised

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Has anyone heard from Viki? Is her hubby okay? Did she take him to the ER or the doctor? I’m keeping them in my prayers. :gopray2:

Praying!

Dear Vicki,…I am waiting with the rest of the group to find out if you were able to get your husband to the doctor!! Swelling like that, with a previous problem is nothing to sneeze at! However, I am an expert with stubborn men (I have 8 sons!) so I know what you’re up against! I will remember you and your husband in my rosaries!
BLESSINGS!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known
That any one who fled to your protection,
implored your help, Or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you I come, before you I stand,
sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
But in your clemency hear and answer me.
Amen.

**_______________________________ **

Thanks so much, everyone, for your prayers.
I took him to the ER Sunday morning and we waited 3 hrs,
he’s still hospitalized a week later,
getting 3 IV antibiotics. He may get to come home on the 13th, continuing on antibiotics.
I could tell someone was praying for us, and appreciate it much. Have just been so busy with visiting hospital, working & the kids I couldnt check the email/
love.
Viki

Wow, I am so glad to hear from you, Viki! I’m so glad he’s doing ok and is getting medical treatment for that leg. Whew! I figured you were busy with all that and was keeping ya’ll in my prayers. God is good! :slight_smile:

still praying, we have two grandchildren battling stubborn infections (over 6 months of treatment) and are praying for two parishioners likewise. wonder what is going on, will keep your husband on our prayer list.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.