Prayer for my neighbors

Please pray for my neighbors that I have known for many years.

Their fifteen year old son got into a car with his seventeen year old friend. He had no license or permit and there was no adult in the car with them. He was speeding, he was speeding hard. He crashed into a group of tourists, skidded, and hit a tree. His friend was thrown from the car, a little girls hand was mangled, and a jogger was killed instantly.

So many have been hurt by this tragedy, but I would ask that you pray for my neigbors, the parents of this young boy, who will now be going to jail for manslaughter. Please pray that they will be able to forgive themselves.

Father, in Jesus’ name, please flood Your merciful love into these shattered lives.The tragedy speads out to so many, so dreadfully. Father please gently flow healing into the broken lives of these families and these individuals.
Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on each of them, heart, mind, body, soul.

:signofcross:
"For me prayer is a surge of the heart, it is a simple look towards Heaven,
it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy."

• Saint Therese of Lisieux **
    The
    Our
    Father **
    . . . for the victims of this tragedy . . .
    . . . and their families and friends. . .
    . . . for this dear young boy who erred so gravely . . .
    . . . for the family of this dear youngster . . .
    . . . help all the above at every
    ** point they have need . . .
    . . . dear Father in Heaven . . .
    . . . Lord have mercy . . .
    . . . Jesus I trust in You . . .
    . . .

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
+ Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. +
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

The
Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I kneel, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy
hear and answer them. Amen.
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux

[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
*. . . thank You Blessed Lord +
. . . thank you Blessed Holy Mother Mary+
. . . thank you Blessed Holy Mother Church+
*[/RIGHT]

This is so tragic!

Eternal rest grant unto the jogger in this incident, O Lord. And may Your Perpetual Light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.
Amen.

For the others (victims and families involved) …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to Your protection, implored Your help, or sought Your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, our Mother. To You we come; before You we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in Your mercy, hear and answer us. Amen.

Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God help them all.

praying for everyone involved!!!

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Praying for this family…

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, there are so many lives impacted by this tragedy, as You know, Lord. Please, if it be Your Holy Will, allow those who prosecute this couple to be moved to compassion, Lord, and help them to avoid doing serious jail time and come to a sense of both reconciliation and remorse. Lord, help those impacted negatively, either through injury or death, in this accident, to forgive the those responsible, despite the difficulty that may be contained therein. Also, Lord, please accept into Your Heavenly Kingdom those whose lives You have allowed to be called back to You, Lord, if You so will it, and cleanse them of their remaining sin. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful prayers.

I should clarify, it is the fifteen year old son, the one who was driving the car, who will be doing jail time for killing one person and severely injuring two.

My mom said she saw the boys father the other day, and that he looks like an aboslute zombie. I can only imagine the “what ifs” that must be going through his mind, wondering if he could’ve prevented this. This boy was allegedly, all in all, a pretty good kid, making it all the more tragic. Amazing and heartbreaking, how everything for a lifetime, can change in a split second.

Aelred of Rievaulx …

“Lord, look at my soul’s wounds.
Your living and effective eye sees everything.
It pierces like a sword, even to part asunder soul and spirit.
Assuredly, my Lord, you see in my soul the traces of my former sin;
My present perils, and also motives and occasions for others you see also.
You see these things, Lord, and I would have you see them.
You know well, O searcher of my heart,
That there is nothing in my soul that I would hide from you,
Even had I the power to escape your eyes…
Lord may your good, sweet Spirit descend into my heart,
And fashion there a dwelling for Himself,
Cleansing it from all defilement both of flesh and spirit,
Pouring into it the increase of faith, hope and love,
Disposing it to repentance and love and gentleness.”

I pray for this family, the boy and the victims of this terrible accident, that our Father in Heaven will look after all concerned and eventually bring them to healing. I pray also that the Father look after the soul of the departed. In Christ’s name. Amen.

Also a Pater Noster, Ave Maria, Oratio Fatimae and a Gloria Patri.

Rove

:amen::highprayer:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.