Prayer for my relationship.

Hi everybody. I posted about a month ago about the trouble I was having with my boyfriend of two years, John. Everyone was very kind to me and offered prayers. I wanted to thank you all for that. Thanks to everyone's prayers, and St. Jude's intercession along with many blessings from the Sacred Heart of Jesus, John and I got back together. He apologized for everything, and told me that God had shown him that I am the one. He promised he would never leave me again. We are reunited and want to get married. Everything had been wonderful for about a month, and then I lost my job.

I was laid off from work, and we started having horrible money problems. (we pool our money for the most part to help pay for anything either of us need.) Food has been difficult to get, and we have both been under incredible amounts of stress. This week, he started causing horrible arguments and fights, and yelling at me every day. He would come over after work very stressed and just launch into me if I did the smallest thing wrong, even by accident. He has never been this way with me before. I've been so depressed without a job and about other things, that I would just begin to cry when he would yell. It has been a horrible cycle for about the past four days. He is now barely talking to me, and I'm afraid he may break his promises and leave me again.

God brought us back together, and I beg he would not let us separate. I ask for prayers for healing, that no weapon formed against us may prosper, and that we would both learn how to deal with this horrible stressful situation without hurting each other. I love John more than anything, and I only just got him back into my life. Please Lord, do not let me lose him again. I beg you to heal us and be present within our relationship. Help us both to be forgiving of one another, and may we continue together toward the road to marriage.

Praying for you :) Do you know and pray the Divine Mercy chapelet? It helps me a lot when I'm stressed or prone to despair.

sicutincensum, Yes, I do know the divine mercy chaplet. I'm a little bit embarrassed to say I don't think I pray it enough though. I think I will definitely make time today to pray it once or twice though, and maybe make a visit to Our Lord in the blessed sacrament. I appreciate the prayers, and I'll be sure to pray for you as well.:thumbsup:

Absolutely! Do a novena for a job to St. Joseph and for your relationship to St. Rita. I'll be praying for you.

Star

Praying hard for you.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Wll pray for the right outcome - whether he is or is not the one for you, I don't know -- only God knows.

I pray the Divine Mercy chaplet - it is my relief and comfort - it is short and to the point;

JESUS, I TRUST IN YOU!!!

In my situation I was told in prayer "KEEP YOUR EYES ON ME!" (meaning Jesus). Do not pay attention to the other things that the world and/or Satan are trying to throw at you to make you despair. I know, because of my humanity and having to work at this, it is not easy. But, Trust and Hope and Pray!!! Even saying the word, "Jesus" is a prayer.

Take care, Diane

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Are you living together without being married?

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen

Remembering you and John in my daily prayers. May His will be done. God bless!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation

Amen.

Amen.

closed #14

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.