Prayer for others - God's merciful love

Sometimes one feels so helpless before others’ needs, some so painful and difficult to heal, and I often remind myself that the prayers of hope and comfort that I and we post, are prayers not merely wishes, thanks only to God’s merciful love upon which we depend. [Jesus prayed to the Father, which is why I ask Him to do so in us]

Jesus, pray in me
Jesus our Brother and our God, please continually pray Your perfect prayer in me so that I love and honour God, and so that I cherish and serve others in prayer and act, because each person is so precious to God.

**Jesus, please ask the Father to honour my debts, for my intercession, penance and good works are no more than cheques drawn in His name. I have no coin of my own. Even my best efforts would be worthless if the Father failed to acknowledge me as His lawful child. **

Jesus, You are Son of the Father and coequal of the Spirit. Only through Your incarnation, death and resurrection comes my claim to call God ‘Father’. No words or acts ever can thank You enough. I have little to offer but goodwill and effort and a heart sometimes grieved by unintentional injury of others. Yet I offer You resurgent hope raised by Your undeserved love, and faith encouraged by Your promise of faithfulness.

Please celebrate my trust in Your love and in the truth of who I am in the love of God. Heal any wounds I have left in others’ lives, and recreate our spirits in Your love. Then offer us as gift of Yourself to the Father who accepts all things through You.

Please take all the debts that by prayer for them, I incur for my sisters and brothers of the kingdom and of the world. Present these debts to the Father with Your transformation and blessing—for He will grant freely all that You ask and more, so deep is His love for You.
Thank You, Jesus who are our redemption before God.

Beautiful.Praying with you.

Amen!
Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, have mercy on us,
Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, have mercy on us,
Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, grant us peace!

Dear Trishie , I feel the same and I will pray together with everyone praying for CAF prayer intentions , this awesome prayer you posted . May God bless you and each one praying people , anyone serving others in prayer and act, because each person is so precious to God

Amen!

Amen.

Beautiful prayer! I’ll have to remember especially the part in bold text the next time I let pride take over.

Amen! :signofcross:

Amen!

What an absolutely beautiful prayer!

Thank you so much for sharing this. I’ve pasted it into a Word Document and will copy it down and include it in my prayer journal. Thank you so much, again. God bless you.

love,
in the peace and love of Christ,
alison xx

Trishe,

Thank you so much for your beautiful prayer it often reminds meof how I should mor eoften live my life in self denial. For Christ is eveything and I am nothing.

Lamb of God you take away the sins of the world have mercy on us!

Jesus Please pray in me your perfect prayer.

May I accept your blessings and realize your hold on my heart.

Thank you for dying ont he cross. and regin your blessings down upon the whole world.

Amen

Beautifully said, Trishie -

Am adding my prayers to yours.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.