prayer for perseverance

Please pray to God to give me perseverance in finding my way. I’m trying hard to not get discouraged. I’m going to Mass, saying the rosary, learning about Catholicism in RCIA. I’m not sure what I am going to do. I keep getting discouraged and feeling lost. There is so much to learn about Christianity. I feel cheated because of my religious upbringing and so behind everything. I’m thinking about jumping back to some protestant churches but never join any. Don’t even feel like a part of anything. I want to understand everything and make up for lost time but just feel defeated. Sometimes I think it would be easier to surrender to my previous, but spiritually damaging past.

I will be praying for you at the Holy Mass and in my offering of the Divine Office each day. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about things, or post them to elsewhere in the forum.

-ACEGC

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Through the intercession of the Divine Virgin Mary, may KendraM be granted confidence in the Faith and perseverance in increasing her own:

Hail, Mary! Full of grace, The Lord is with thee; Blessed art thou among women, And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners, Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To you do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

:signofcross:

God bless.

:gopray:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

HI Kendra,

I am so sorry for your struggles.

I can imagine feeling overwhelmed, with everything that you are trying to learn.

I can relate in a way to your background, as I come from a family who is both Protestant and Catholic. I went through a period of doubt myself several years ago, due to some personal issues that I was having while being in the Catholic church. I was debating about whether or not I should stay, or maybe join a different church altogether that wasn’t Catholic. I was really struggling at the time.

However, I decided to stay with the Catholic church. I loved the sacredness of the Mass, and that we have the fullness of Jesus in the Eucharist.

All that I can tell you to do is to take everything a day at a time. That is what I do when I feel overwhelmed.

When I find myself really struggling, no matter the issue, I unite myself with the Lord on the cross. Sometimes I will just look at a crucifix and simply pray on it, or sometimes I will pray the Stations of the Cross at home, using a crucifix and a prayer booklet if I am not in a church.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Perhaps the RCIA program leadership you’re going to is not strong. Are you able to participate and ask questions when you don’t understand?

Never, ever give up, God is with you through it all, and He will lead you into the light. I’m praying for you.

I just said a prayer for you. God bless you.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may god rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Amen.

Amen.

Praying that the Lord may grant you perseverance and all necessary graces for your situation. Also praying that He may continue to guide you.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Praying for you.

Just keep looking ahead. Don’t look back. You have gotten this far. Only one thing is important, following our Lord. The Sacraments help you to do that. I am praying for you, for your faith journey. God bless you always.

Thank God for all your prayers. I wanted to look back to this post to remind me to continue forward, no matter how difficult. It is a comfort to know that you all prayed for me, even though you don’t know me. It helps me to continue on even now.

Dear Lord, please reach out to this lost soul and provide them with guidance. Send earth bound angels their way to point them in Your direction. Help this soul to reach out to others in charity so they can truly experience Your love in action.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.