Prayer for police officer now, please

Normally I wouldn’t post something like this, but I’m getting a very strong prompting to do so. Please pray for a Dallas gang unit officer who was just shot and is in grave condition. Thank you.

God bless you for responding to this grace, this call from Jesus that we pray for this man.

Jesus please place in our hearts and minds the prayers You wish of us for this injured man, his soul, and his family…but also for those who injured him.

I praise and thank You for Your love for him, Jesus

I will join you in prayer.

Mary, please pray to your Son for this child of yours who may be dying at this moment or may already have died. Pray with us for his survival, and if he is going to die, for the forgiveness of his sins and salvation of his soul.

Amen
Eternal Father we offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for his sins and those of the whole world.

Jesus I consecrate him and his family to Your divine mercy

The news just reported that the paramedics had been performing CPR in ambulance but stopped when they reached the hospital and took the officer in. It is unknown whether he has died.

Lord, have mercy on him, Blessed Mary, pray with us for him.

The police officer has died. Please pray for the repose of his soul.

Lord Jesus, have mercy on this officer who died as a result of his commitment to the safety of his community. Forgive his sins, recognize him as your dear child and give him everlasting life and joy in Your presence. Have mercy on his stricken family and his fellow officers who are grieving. Have mercy on the man who shot him.

Amen

This information was released this morning:

The fallen officer was Sr. Corp. Norman Smith, 43, a veteran gang unit officer. He was married to another police officer and they have two teenage children. He would have celebrated his 18th. anniversary with the DPD today.

Thanks for your prayers.

Praying for the repose of his soul.

RIP and may God comfort his family!

May his soul find rest in the arms of God.

odmp.org/officer/19730-senior-corporal-norman-smith

praying…

For the repose of the soul of Norman, that he might forever be in Your friendship, Lord, dining with joy at Your eternal banquet. Comfort the survivors in his family, and all those who suffer from this incident. Draw them mercifully close to You, and dry their tears with Your healing touch. Mary, pray with us. Amen. :harp:

pnewton, thank you for the link.

Having gone through this at work a couple years ago, the Officer Down memorial offers a great deal of comfort and community support for the greiving family. It’s tough to lose some one, especially in the line of duty.

The little fireman’s hat on the child - your kiddo? Are you a fireman? Policeman? If so, thank you for all you do and thank you for your prayer for this officer.

Yes he is. Sheriff’s deputy. 22 years.

All law enforcement have my prayers as my best friend Justin was a police officer killed in the line of duty in the year 2001. I will pray special for this one since it is so close to home. Thank you for posting this. Consider it prayed for. Amen Jesus and Mary. Bless and keep your law officers safe as they put their lives on the line to protect us and make sure that all is safe and quiet. Justin, in heaven, watch over your officers and ask Jesus to protect them. Amen.

Praying for him and for all policemen that St. Michael, their patron protect them with his angelic shield.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.