Prayer for quick re-emplyment

Being laid off from my current job–have severance package but it isn’t fun.

Many thanks and blessings in advance

Praying for you…
+

*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God, still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen *

If you are looking for an efficacious means to employment. The right employment.

I believe the patron saint of the unemployed is St. Genevieve. I am just going from memory but I think she lived in Paris and she actually began an aid society that found employment for the poor among many things.

There is somewhere a specific morning offering to Saint Genevieve that pleads a great case.

One moment Ill see if I can quickly look it up and paste here. Sorry I could not find the morning offering but here is a copy of Her Litany.

Litany to Saint Genevieve
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us. Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of heaven, have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world, have mercy on us.
God the Holy Spirit, have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, have mercy on us.
St. Genevieve, who since childhood was filled with God’s grace, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, consecrated to Christ by St. Germane, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, obedient to the Holy Spirit, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, zealous defender of the faith, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, heroically devoted to the Church, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, whose life is an example how we should live for God, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, intercessor of the clergy, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who suffered for your vocation, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who knew about hostility and abandonment, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who spent hours in prayer, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, whose fasts and prayers saved the city, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who had a demanding friendship with the king, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, whose wisdom enlightened the pagans, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, whose prudence guided the leaders, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, with purity you overcame slander, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, whose strength stood up against the evil doers, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who miraculously nourished the hungry, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who reconciled sinners with God, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who brought back to the Church the lost ones, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who read the conscience through the gift of the Holy Spirit, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who cured the sick, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who controlled the floods, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who restored peace between enemies, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who softened the fate of the prisoners, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, who drove out demons, pray for us.
St. Genevieve, protector of your devoted people, pray for us.

Give us, Lord, the spirit of intelligence and love of which you filled your daughter, Genevieve, so that attentive to your service and seeking to do your will, we can please you by our faith and our deeds. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord, be with this lady/gentleman as she/he goes through this difficult and stressful time of unemployment. Help them to know that you always prevail with your will, and give them peace through your comforting love.

In Jesus’ most Holy name, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Amen

Praying to St. Joseph for you to secure employment.

Patience, prayer, great opportunity for daily mass. Frequent adoration. Gets you going in the morning, even on rainy days.

The Hail Mary is a wonderful prayer. Though it seems a little like a statement that praying to saints is silly since we can just go to Our Lord or Our Blessed Mother therefore praying to other saints will not be as effective. Lets bring out the big guns.

This also presupposes that Our Blessed Lord does not really seek glory for His Saints since in the end all miracles come through Him and His Mother anyway so why lengthen the chain.

Indeed it is because God does wish to bring honor and glory to His Saints that he goes out of His way to reward with great blessing those who choose to honor His Children,.

I have found through my life that when unemployed too long I would turn to St Genevieve and it wasn’t just the fact I found jobs quickly no I found the right jobs quickly the one most in keeping with our faith. The one willed by God.

For example jobs that my hours never interfered with mass or devotions. Ones where I was not forced to compromise my conscience etc. Jobs also where I was brought into contact with some people who actually had been prepared by divine providence to hear about our faith and where I could deepen my own faith.

I do not think that praying to Our Blessed Mother would have produced better results or that it would have shortened the search. For all prayer to any saint who we honor for their holiness really brings glory to God who made them who they are.

The Holy Spirit has directed our church leaders to set up a system where individuals whose lives are worth remembering are made patrons of various needs. There is some purpose behind it for sure.

Devotion to a saint or angel does not take away from our devotion to Our Blessed Mother but enhances our ties to the entire community of Heaven. We will already build relationships with those who we hope to share Heaven with throughout eternity.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Let your peace be not disturbed.

Been there, the anxiety of the unknown is often greater than its actuality. It is like going through it twice. Once in the imagination and the other in reality. The imagination can be placated by prayer.

Be not afraid.

Peace

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer to St. Joseph for the Unemployed

O Saint Joseph, we pray to you for those who are out of work, for those who want to earn their living or support their families.

You who are the patron of workers; grant that unemployment may vanish from our ranks; that all those who are ready to work may put their strength and abilities in serving their fellowmen and earn a just salary.

You are the patron of families; do not let those who have children to support and raise lack the necessary means. Have pity on our brothers and sisters held down in unemployment and poverty because of sickness or social disorders. Help our political leaders and captains of industry find new and just solutions. May each and every one have the joy of contributing, according to his abilities, to the common prosperity by an honorable livelihood. Grant that we may all share together in the abundant goods God has given us and that we may help underprivileged countries. Amen.

Prayer to St. Joseph:

Joseph, by the work of your hands
and the sweat of your brow,
you supported Jesus and Mary,
and had the Son of God as your fellow worker.

Teach me to work as you did,
with patience and perseverance, for God and
for those whom God has given me to support.
Teach me to see in my fellow workers
the Christ who desires to be in them,
that I may always be charitable and forbearing
towards all.

Grant me to look upon work
with the eyes of faith,
so that I shall recognize in it
my share in God’s own creative activity
and in Christ’s work of our redemption,
and so take pride in it.

When it is pleasant and productive,
remind me to give thanks to God for it.
And when it is burdensome,
teach me to offer it to God,
in reparation for my sins
and the sins of the world.

Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Praying for you. I got recently got exactly the same news as you. It was shocking to say the least.

Our Father who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
Amen.

Eternal God in whom mercy is endless
And treasury of compassion inexhaustible
Look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us
So that in difficult moments we may not despair
Nor become despondent
But with great confidence
Submit ourselves to Your Holy will
Which is love and mercy itself
amen

[INDENT]Prayer to St. Anthony for Employment

Blessed St. Anthony, who in life was ever mindful
of the needs of the afflicted, consuming himself
in the service of God and for the good of souls,
who was the enemy of idleness and a tireless worker
in the vineyard of the Lord, beseech God to grant
Lion of Narnia a suitable job, which may procure for him
and his family a decent livelihood, and be at the same time
a means of personal sanctification and of real service to others.
We ask this through Jesus Christ Our Lord, amen.

:gopray:

[/INDENT]

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Prayers continuing for you…
+

*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God, still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen *

Asking St. Joseph to pray for your intentions.

Prayers continuing for you…
+

Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name,
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.

Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.