Prayer for recent breakup

My girlfriend and I broke up this evening. She was a devout Baptist who decided, in part because of our talks and Mass visits, to become Catholic, and she just started RCIA classes a few weeks ago. But she feels an enormous amount of pressure from her parents, who are very anti-Catholic, and doesn’t think that they will take her seriously if she tells them we’re converting while we’re still together. We also have a lot of differences in our long-term goals and values. So we’ve decided to break up, at least for now.

Please pray that I will be able to bear this cross and trust that in the end, God will deliver me to the right person at the right place at the right time. I keep reading Romans 8:26-28, but I can’t seem to trust that this will work out for the best. I don’t know where I will turn with the little successes and failures of life right now, and I’m very worried that it will take forever (or never) to find someone else to date because of where I live and how seriously I take my faith. Being alone is really scary to me, and I need all the help I can get to accept this cross, move on, and be the person God wants me to be so that I can find the person He wants me to be with.

Thanks.

God sends us trials such as these so that we might learn to trust Him and accept His will even when it’s not what we want.

I pray that God will grant you the strength and courage to accept His will in all things.

Hi GJx86,

I will definitely be praying for you!

Just a note: if you would like to join in prayer with other CAF members who are praying to find loving spouses, please click here:

forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=4146368&postcount=279

and here:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=260962

Be assured of my prayers for you! :gopray:

I will keep both you and your GF in my Rosary today. God has something in mind for you. Hopefully all these prayers will help you find His Will.

Just hoping you find inspiration in this. I was 35 yr old woman when I decided I really wanted to find someone to marry. I prayed and spent a ga-zillion hours alone but I knew if I couldn’t find the right one, there was no using getting married to someone who was just OK. The dating world was a nightmare. So many divorced men, with kids. I couldn’t deal with it. A girlfriend tried to fix me up with somene she knew and I met someone else at that party who I ultimately married. He was from across the country, there was a huge mixup with an ex-girlfriend of his, and he started talking bible stuff to me on the first date, all huge turn-offs. Yet eventually, we came together. I was 42 when I married him. We now have a wonderful family with 2 twin girls we adopted. I feel like I waited an eterninty and the signs that he was sent to me from a divine force were unmistakable. Quiet but unmistakable. Don’t despair. You are being heard. Pray to be able to find the right path. Maybe it’s this woman, maybe not. Pray to be able to embrace whaterver the truth is.

praying

Our Heavenly Mother shares your sorrow. You are in my prayer.

Praying for you my friend…

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

LORD Jesus
Guide Ur Son

Praying for you and your exgirlfriend:)

I ask Jesus to help you in your grief of loss.
May God’s will be wondrously fullfilled in your life

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

I too pray Lord to get you both back together.
Men and women both have particular things they need out of a relationship, and if they don’t get them the relationship is very unlikely to succeed. Your partner probably broke up with you because one or more of these needs weren’t being met, and if you can identify them and how to address them it’ll be far easier to get your ex back and what’s more…keep the relationship going.Magic of Making Up is just one of a great many books out there designed to help you get your ex back

Praying.

Lord if it is your will return GJX86 to be together with his girlfriend again and let her be filled with the HOLY SPIRIT and become a devout Catholic Christian . Lord let your will be done in this relationship, thanks my LORD, in the name of Jesus, amen. gjx86 go and be happy the LORD is working it out for you , John

I’m also saying a prayer for you.

It is interesting that a poster had mentioned an ebook called “Getting your ex back”. I had actually purchased that very book recently when my best friend was having problems with her boyfriend.

It had some great advice the she was able to use, and they are now mending their relationship. http://ezfreerewards.info/img/565/m08h1018rzux/thumbup.gif

I pray that the Lord will show you comfort in your time of pain.

Jen

May you find peace through this difficult time and trust that gods plans are in action. You and your girlfriend are in my prayers.

O Lord Jesus, I know that all human relations take time if they are to grow over the course of my life. But this growth is not automatic. Time means nothing unless I add my earnest efforts to it. My husband was a convert. He also had a very difficult family. We did find our way. It took alot of prayer. If in your hearts you find that it is worth what it takes you can do this with Gods help. I wouldnt know what is right for you, only that it can work. I have been married 28 years now and it was definitely worth all the prayers it has taken.

I will pray God that everything should go fine for you. That’s why The Magic of Making Up was created. Things look a lot brighter when you have someone to hold your hand through the rough times, and getting your ex back can be one of the most confusing and difficult things you ever try to achieve in your life…but only if you don’t know what you’re doing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.