Prayer for someone leaving the Church

A very dear friend of mine has come to the conclusion that he needs to leave the Church. Right now he is going through a very stressful period in his life, and unfortunately, his involvement in our college parish has had many negative affects on him. He has only been in the Church since Easter, and has received little spiritual direction, despite the numerous obligations and ministries that our parish has pressured him into. There are also numerous personal problems of his that have added to this decision. Because he is my best friend and like a brother to me, the news is coming as a severe blow. I don’t know what to do other than pray for him.

He needs a lot of prayer, not only so he won’t leave the Church, but for the problems affecting his decision as well.

Jesus, You work in mysterious ways. Lead this friend of Yours back to Yourself - by the long way, if You must. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.