Prayer for the healing of a broken heart

The hope I had for reconciliation with my ex is gone. He has met someone new, actually all the while I thought we were reconciling, but little did I know that he was seeing someone since the week after we broke up. He lied about his girlfriend for months- I had no idea…And we were speakign almost every week and he never mentioned her.

Anyway, pray for me so that I can face this grief with courage. Pray that the Lord grant me strength and love in my life. Please pray for me that I may recover from this hurt and eventually open up my life and heart to another person. Pray that I will not hold on to this hurt and most importantly, pray that I may meet the person that is meant for me.

I know that this is what the Lord wants I do not question Him at all- I just would like everyone to pray for my healing and for love and happiness in my life.

I pray the Lord may here everyone’s intentions…

God Bless

SS

Will do – sounds like you’re already off to a good start in asking for prayer and what you’re asking for :slight_smile:

Praying for you!

You poor dear, you have my prayers. I know what this feels like and I will pray that time and the love of Christ will help to heal this profound deep hurt.

God Bless.

Thank you all for your prayers.

I know that sometimes things happen and all you can do is pray about it.

The Lord will get me through…

I am praying that all will be well with you and that the New Year brings good tidings for you and all in your situation.

Hail Mary Our Hope Hand Maid of the Lord, pray for us.

Praying that our Lord’s will be done. SS, I went through the same thing…it is such a deep hurt. My heart goes out to you. Lord bring your healing to SS during this time of great suffering. Thank you dear Jesus, for all that you are going to do. Amen!

Praying for you keep strong, he wasn’t the one for you, he had no respect for you or he would never have done what he did, the right one for you is out there and you will find him god bless. :hug1:

Praying very hard for you and all similarly situated!

J†M†J
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

May the Lord bring you happiness through this period of suffering, Amen.

I’m sorry about your situation, but as they say, the Lord works in mysterious ways, you never know where he is gonna take you now, but you’ll be happy once you get there;)

Heavenly Father,

see how your daughter’s heart aches and fill it with the courage she needs to proceed each day with her duties and life. It is difficult to always seek the Son when in pain, so we ask that you would help her to rm’r to put on the armor each day, the armor of Christ. Keep her heart from bitterness and fill it with a joy and peace that are only found in Christ. Amen.

I have been in this situation and i like you turned to God to help and he did and now i am with a wonderful partner who loves and cares for me! dont give up just keep believing. you’re in my prayers.:slight_smile:

:gopray: I’m praying for you. I am also adding three of my friends who have come out of long-term relationships to my prayers. Two of these friends have been disrespected by their partners as these men cheated on them prior to breaking up with them.

I am also still praying that my broken heart will soon heal following my break-up. My ex-boyfriend wants to become a priest. Although this is a noble and good thing to do, it is very difficult for me to deal with the shock. I pray that it will become easier to get on with my life if this is the role that he will take on and that we will all find happiness.

I have also gone out with a different person in the past who cheated on me, so I understand what you’re going through. I hope you feel better soon x

God has a plan for you!
I’m so proud that you have come and ask others to pray with you.
May God bless you along this journey
and send you the person you deserve.

I’ll pray that you will find your perfect guy someday, one who can care and love you with all that he has.

God bless you for your faith even though you have been betrayed and hurt so much. I will pray very much that God will heal the grief you’re going through and help you to find a truly loving and faithful man for your life. With love, Trishie

Sounds like a good time for you to start a novena to help you find the right person. :slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

You are definately not alone in this. I am going through the exact same thing right now.

I will keep you in my prayers so that you may find peace.

God Bless,
Roxanna

SS,

Hi there, my name is Steve and I know EXACTLY what you're going through.  My ex gf broke up with me in Sept. and for the last 4 months, I've been trying to get back with her.  Well, today, i received a reply from an email that i sent a few days ago begging her to come back and that i was into my faith and praying for her.  Turned out that she doesn't love me, can't see me in a romantic way, etc.  I pressured her too much, blah blah blah.  Well, for the last 2 weeks i've been going to daily mass and praying the holy rosary everyday twice a day and I take this as a sign from God and I think you should take your situation as a sign from God that he's watching over you and that there is much better things to look forward to.  I think God does certain things to us to get us to see him whether it would be us dating a particular person or whatever.  Trust me when I say that God will do whatever he wants if he feels that the person you're dating isn't for you.  You can fight it all you want like I did, but in the end, God reigns over it.  God controls your life.  I am also asking for all of your prayers that I can move on and not endure my broken heart and memories.  I am very thankful for happy memories and excited for what is to come.  Instead of being all down and depressed, be excited that what will come in the future is far more exciting and greater than we can imagine.  That is my outlook on my life right now.  Yes occassionly I will think of the memories of WHY it didn't work out between this girl Grace and I, but EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!  I pray that God guides you and me to the right person that we are supposed to be with!  Try praying the rosary once a day or something.  It helps me.  Take care and God bless!

~Steve

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.