Prayer for the Helpless Unborn

With the presidential election coming up, the issue of abortion (rightly so) has been in the forefront of issues, especially for us Catholics. In that spirit, I found this prayer and thought that perhaps it would be nice for people to incorporate it (or something like it) in their daily prayers:

Heavenly Father, You create men in Your own image, and You desire that not even the least among us should perish. In Your love for us, You entrusted Your only Son to the holy Virgin Mary. Now, in Your love, protect against the wickedness of the devil, those little ones to whom You have given the gift of life.

:amen:

Thank you mtr, I have printed this prayer out and will use it in my prayer times, thank you very much. God Bless and peace to you xx

The late Archbishop Fulton Sheen encouraged the practice of spiritually adopting an unborn baby whose life is in jeopardy from abortion. Daily, he would say this prayer:

“Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion.”

Thanks, Servulus. Spiritual adoption is a great idea, and I’m grateful to you for sharing this. I think I’ll Immediately “adopt” this practice for myself.

Thank you servulus, I hope you don’t mind I have copied and posted your posting to the Catholic prayer thread. Thank you and God Bless you xxxx

:gopray2:

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.