Prayer for the past

Hi everyone, I have been dealing with some struggles in life right now… and things seem to keep getting harder, even though for the most part I feel closer to the Lord. Latley there has been things that have been broughten up from my past that are going through my mind and it hurts me and my soul so very much, and I what I ask for is prayer for my body, mind and soul… there is times when I feel weak and lost, and I beat up myself because of how I used to be, may you please just pray that I trust in God more and that he shows me who I really am. I’m feeling very down and in need of prayer, I’d appreciate this very much. Thank you

May God bless you all.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners. Now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember, O Most Gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it know that anyone who fled to thy protection, sought thy help, or implored thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother, to thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but hear and answer me. Amen.

I heard a priest once say that it is so easy for us to forgive others, but when it comes to forgiving ourselves it is not so easy.

Remember this is how you used to be, but no longer.
On the bright side, this is good that you think about it. Remember why we learn History in school, so History doesn’t repeat itself. But don’t beat yourself up over it, that would be satan telling you to do this and that you are not worthy of God’s love. Don’t listen to him. If we only knew that the times that we feel so unworthy. Jesus is in front of us telling us “Yes, Yes you are worthy. I love you so much.”

Offer your sufferings up to Jesus for the conversion of sinners. Go to confession and give a good confession this should help.

Ask the Holy spirit for guidance. When you feel impure to recieve the lord ask his Mother, our Heavenly Mother for her heart.

Mary, Mother of Jesus
give me your heart,
so beautiful, so pure, so immaculate.
so full of love and humilty
That I may recieve Jesus in the Bread of Life,
Love him as you loved him, and serve him in the distressing disguise of the poorest of the poor. Amen.
(this prayer was composed by Blessed Teresa of Calcutta)

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and Blessed is the Fruit of Your womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

Holding you in my prayers.

Praying for you.

Dear Jesus, God dreamed and loved me into existence. Please be merciful to my Creator by ensuring that I fully live God’s dream of me. Occasionally, in others’ eyes, I glimpse a loving, delightful person whom God created out of love. Please help me to become truly that person, so that others can experience Your love, goodness, and beauty in me, and can receive the blessings You intend for them through me.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Holy Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Stefina, please trust yourself and the past to God. This is what He says in the bible.

“Jesus Christ…is the sacrifice that takes our sins away, and not only ours, but the whole world.” [1John 2:1-2]
Our God, You sent Your Son “into the world, not to condemn the world, but so that through Him the world might be saved. No one who believes in Him will be condemned.” [John 3:17-18]

You assure us through Isaiah, our God,
I have dispelled your faults like a cloud
your sins like a mist
Come back to me, for I have redeemed you
.” [Isaiah 44:22]
Furthermore, You proclaim:
Happy those whose crimes are forgiven, whose sins are blotted out; happy the man whom the Lord considers sinless.” [Psalm 31:1-2] For through Your Son, You have “**cancelled every record of the debt that we had to pay; He has done away with it by nailing it to the cross.” **[Colossians 2:14-15]

Therefore, our God it is not presumptuous to ask that we may be healed of our faults and freed from our sin. Indeed, You have said:
No need to recall the past,
no need to think about what was before.
See I am doing a new deed,
even now, it comes to light; can you not see it?
Yes, I am making a road in the wilderness,
paths in the wild.
” [Isaiah 43:18-19]

Although we must strive through the Spirit to walk the way of Your Son, You assure us that we are not alone or dependent upon our efforts alone:
**“For I, … your God,
I am holding you by the right hand;
I tell you, do not be afraid, I will help you.
Do not be afraid…poor worm…
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer.” **[Isaiah 41:13-14]

Stefina,
You will be in my prayers. Just as we must forgive others, sometimes we need to forgive ourselves. There’s nothing that Satan likes better than for us to “give up” because we feel we aren’t good enough. Hang in there and please keep us posted. I’ll be praying!

God Bless,
Gary

Praying very hard for you. I find it encouraging that you are not what you used to be. That is wonderful. We’re all sinners and hopefully striving to be better persons. Don’t be so hard on yourself. God loves us all in spite of our imperfections.

I will remember you at Mass and in my daily prayers…:gopray2:

Stefina,
Forget about the past and start over. And if you should fall of that horse, get back on. Make use of the sacrament of reconciliation because you are so precious to God.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.