Prayer for those facing stress and mental difficulties

Father, in Jesus’ name, where it is possible please protect those who may be prone to mental illness or emotional fragility, from triggers that exacerbate their tendencies to anxiety, stress, and depression. Where possible, please help them to develop strategies that promote their peace and wholeness.

Father, in Jesus’ name, please give diagnosis, treatment, and the understanding of other, to those who suffer from mental and emotional illnesses. Please lead these sufferers to optimum heath and to peaceful and fulfilled lives lived in love and faith.

Blessed Louis Martin, father of St Therese, who despite the holiness and charity that characterised your life, ended your life with loss of your mental faculties, please pray for all who suffer mental and emotional illnesses.

Saying prayers . . :crossrc:

“The holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. Use it with confidence and you’ll be amazed at the results.”
–St. Josemaria Escriva

I will be praying a rosary.

I totally agree. Praying the rosary saved my life. I contemplated the face of Jesus each time and the hearts of Our Lord and Blessed Mother. She is a source of great comfort and protection. I will be praying too. Thank you OP for your kindness towards those who suffer such illnesses. God bless you all.

Amen.

[LEFT][LEFT]Father, in Jesus’ name, please give diagnosis, treatment, and the understanding of other people, for those who suffer from mental and emotional illnesses.

Father, in Jesus’ name, where it is possible, please protect those who may be prone to mental illness or emotional fragility, from triggers that exacerbate their tendencies to anxiety, stress, and depression. Please help those who are prone to disordered thoughts, perceptions, and emotions, or excessive scrupulosity to find balance and peace. Where possible, please help them to develop strategies that promote their peace and wholeness.

How distressing it must be to find your own brain compromising and attacking your well being, as in illnesses like schizophrenia, manic depression and bi-polar disturbances, panic attacks, and compulsive disorders. How dreadful also to contemplate the loss of yourself to your own self and to your loved ones in Alzheimers, and dementia. Please give Your tender love to those who are losing their faculties, and please heal their relatives and carers of the emotional and mental stress they experience in beholding their mental and emotional deterioration.

Please have those who have learning and developmental issues and even different thought patterns, as occurs in ADHD related conditions and Aspergers syndrome (like a grandson). Please help those who suffer from autism, and their families. Please help them to receive the teaching and care that will help them better cope with the challenges of their lives and to move towards a happy and fulfulling future.

Please also have compassion on those whose poor self-esteem cripples their lives, and help them to grow into the persons whom You create them to be.

Please give healing and quality of life to those whose minds and bodies have been damaged through accident or illness.

Please give healing and the ability to cope to those who have damaged their minds or emotions through drugs and alcohol use or addiction.

Please enlighten and heal those whose mental states and ill health cause them to attack and judge others and to project their own ill-will or failings onto others and thus are less likely to seek healing themselves. Please heal and enlighten them.

Please heal those who have compromised their mental states and spirits by their dealings in the occult, and free them of all harmful influences in their lives and protect those with whom they interact from the disturbing effects of their former activities.

Please lead these sufferers to optimum health and to peaceful and fulfilled lives lived in love and faith, and the understanding of family, friends, and colleagues.
Please give courage and refreshment to those who care for emotionally unsteady or mentally challenged patients and loved ones. Please surround them with Your light and love.

Mother Mary, St Michael and their patron saints and guardian angels, please pray for them.

Blessed Louis Martin, father of St Therese, who despite the holiness and charity that characterised your life, ended your life with loss of your mental faculties, please pray for all who suffer mental and emotional illnesses.[/LEFT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT] [/LEFT][/LEFT]

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said, “Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.” With confidence in Your loving heart which offers rest to weary souls, we come to You in this time of special need. In Your unfailing love, read the prayer that is written on our hearts, and grant the grace that we ask of You, in accordance with Your holy will. In Your name we pray. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

[LEFT][LEFT]Father, in Jesus’ name, please give diagnosis, treatment, and the understanding of other people, for those who suffer from mental and emotional illnesses.

Father, in Jesus’ name, where it is possible, please protect those who may be prone to mental illness or emotional fragility, from triggers that exacerbate their tendencies to anxiety, stress, and depression. Please help those who are prone to disordered thoughts, perceptions, and emotions, or excessive scrupulosity to find balance and peace. Where possible, please help them to develop strategies that promote their peace and wholeness.

How distressing it must be to find your own brain compromising and attacking your well being, as in illnesses like schizophrenia, manic depression and bi-polar disturbances, panic attacks, and compulsive disorders. How dreadful also to contemplate the loss of yourself to your own self and to your loved ones in Alzheimers, and dementia. Please give Your tender love to those who are losing their faculties, and please heal their relatives and carers of the emotional and mental stress they experience in beholding their mental and emotional deterioration.

Please have those who have learning and developmental issues and even different thought patterns, as occurs in ADHD related conditions and Aspergers syndrome. Please help those who suffer from autism, and their families. Please help them to receive the teaching and care that will help them better cope with the challenges of their lives and to move towards a happy and fulfilling future.

Please also have compassion on those whose failure to see themselves as loved children of God cripples their lives,
and help them to grow into the persons whom You create them to be.

Please give healing and quality of life to those whose minds and bodies have been damaged through accident or illness.

Please give healing and the ability to cope to those who have damaged their minds or emotions through drugs and alcohol use or addiction.

Please enlighten and heal those whose mental states and ill health cause them to attack and judge others and to project their own ill-will or failings onto others and thus are less likely to seek healing themselves. Please heal and enlighten them.

Please heal those who have compromised their mental states and spirits by their dealings in the occult, and free them of all harmful influences in their lives and protect those with whom they interact from the disturbing effects of their former activities.

Please lead these sufferers to optimum health and to peaceful and fulfilled lives lived in love and faith, and the understanding of family, friends, and colleagues.
Please give courage and refreshment to those who care for emotionally unsteady or mentally challenged patients and loved ones. Please surround them with Your light and love.

Mother Mary, St Michael and their patron saints and guardian angels, please pray for them.

Blessed Louis Martin, father of St Therese, who despite the holiness and charity that characterised your life, ended your life with loss of your mental faculties, please pray for all who suffer mental and emotional illnesses.[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.

Amen.

Praying daily to St. Dymphna.

I am praying.

Please have those who have learning and developmental issues and even different thought patterns, as occurs in ADHD related conditions and Aspergers syndrome. Please help those who suffer from autism, and their families. Please help them to receive the teaching and care that will help them better cope with the challenges of their lives and to move towards a happy and fulfilling future.

Please also have compassion on those whose failure to see themselves as loved children of God cripples their lives,
and help them to grow into the persons whom You create them to be.

Blessed Louis Martin, father of St Therese, who despite the holiness and charity that characterised your life, ended your life with loss of your mental faculties, please pray for all who suffer mental and emotional illnesses.[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord, help us to survive in times of great stress, when troubles pile on troubles.
Help us to retain faith, to remain hopeful, to be able to sleep, to be able to carry on with love and patience with those around us.
And please do not let our burden crush us.
Do not let our minds destroy our relationships and our life
Please hear our prayers and give us light and relief.
We offer our joys as well as our sorrow, in union with Yours in prayer for others.

From St Pio who suffered much for Your sake and for the salvation of souls:

*“It is not a loss of patience if one asks Jesus to take away pain, when this becomes insupportable to us and beyond our strength, nor does one lose the merit of the suffering which is offered, by asking this of God.” *

*“Pray that God will console you when you feel the burden of the Cross, for in doing so you are not acting against the will of God, but you are placing yourself beside the Son of God who asked His Father during the Agony in the Garden to send Him some relief. But if He is not willing to give it, be ready to pronounce the same ‘fiat’ that Jesus did.” “When least you are expecting to be liberated, Jesus, who cannot bear to keep you long in affliction, will come and relieve and comfort you, giving you new courage.” *

*“He is the Father of all; He is so in a very special manner for the unhappy.”

“The Cross will not crush you; if its weight makes you stagger, its power will also sustain you.” “What does it matter whether Jesus wishes to guide you to heaven by the way of the desert or by the fields, so long as you get there by one way or the other? Put away excessive worrying which results from trials by which the good Lord has desired to test you; and if this is not possible resign yourself to the divine will.” *

*“Humility and purity are the wings which carry us to God.” “Where there is no obedience, there is no virtue.” “Sin against charity is like piercing God in the pupil of the eye.” *

Hail Mary full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou among women,
And Blessed is the fruit of thy womb - Jesus.
Holy Mary - Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now,
And at the hour of our death,
Amen.

Father, in Jesus’ name, please give diagnosis, treatment, and the understanding of other people, for those who suffer from mental and emotional illnesses.

How distressing it must be to find your own brain compromising and attacking your well being, as in illnesses like schizophrenia, manic depression and bi-polar disturbances, panic attacks, and compulsive disorders. How dreadful also to contemplate the loss of yourself to your own self and to your loved ones in Alzheimers, and dementia. Please give Your tender love to those who are losing their faculties, and please heal their relatives and carers of the emotional and mental stress they experience in beholding their loved ones’ mental and emotional deterioration.

Please have those who have learning and developmental issues and even different thought patterns, as occurs in ADHD related conditions and Aspergers syndrome (like a grandson). Please help those who suffer from autism, and their families. Please help them to receive the teaching and care that will help them better cope with the challenges of their lives and to move towards a happy and fulfulling future.

Please also have compassion on those whose poor self-esteem cripples their lives, and help them to grow into the persons whom You create them to be.

Blessed Louis Martin, father of St Therese, who despite the holiness and charity that characterised your life, ended your life with loss of your mental faculties, please pray for all who suffer mental and emotional illnesses.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:crossrc: Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Father, in Jesus’ name, where it is possible please protect those who may be prone to mental illness or emotional fragility, from triggers that exacerbate their tendencies to anxiety, stress, and depression.
Where possible, please help them to develop strategies that promote their peace and wholeness.

Father, in Jesus’ name, please give diagnosis, treatment, and the understanding of other, to those who suffer from mental and emotional illnesses.
Please lead these sufferers to optimum heath and to peaceful and fulfilled lives lived in love and faith.

Blessed Louis Martin, father of St Therese, who despite the holiness and charity that characterised your life, ended your life with loss of your mental faculties,
please pray for all who suffer mental and emotional illnesses.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.