Prayer for when you cant recieve eucharist

I just flipped to CTND, a catholic T.V. channel. There was a prayer going across the screen about not being able to recieve communion (for whatever reason), it sais something like Jesus I believe you are present in the holy sacrament… although I cannot recieve you I recognize you (something like that). I am not yet able to recieve this sacrament, but I still go in line and recive a blesing from my priest, and I would love to get a hold of this prayer to say afterward!

If you recognize this please let me know!
thank you,God bless :slight_smile:

It’s called an Act of Spiritual Communion. The one that is listed in the appendix to the Enchiridion of Indulgences is:

My Jesus, I believe that you are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things, and I long for you in my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at leasy spiritually into my heart. As though you have already come, I embrace you and unite myself entirely to you; never permit me to be separated from you. Amen.

But the grant for indulgence makes clear that one can gain the indulgence attached to this prayer by using any ‘pious formula’, it doesn’t have to be that one. If that one helps you, use it!

A very, very ancient practice recommended by many saints! :thumbsup:

Act of Spiritual Communion provided by ETWN

I pray this every Mass I go to since I can’t receive communion till Easter :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Actually, you’re not supposed to receive blessings in the communion line.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=543513

[quote="superamazingman, post:5, topic:303444"]
Actually, you're not supposed to receive blessings in the communion line.

[/quote]

Indeed.

It’s called a spiritual communion and you can say it whenever you cannot recieve holy communion.
:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.