Prayer for Wife

Forgive me for asking this, I feel selfish whenever I ask for prayers, a little voice in my head whispers “what about everyone elses needs?” So please forgive me.

I am so frustrated, almost to the breaking point. I’m bombarded everyday with so many chores, most of which I never asked for, my OCD effects my attitude and thought process every second, I haven’t slept in 11 days (well, a few hours a night, but that’s it).

My wife is having allergies up to high heaven, nothing works! She’s sneezing, coughing, scratching; she’s so bad. Now that some medicine “appears” to be working, which the doctor perscribed, she’s now having severe panic attacks, is high stressed, and called her mom over to comfort her, cause I, HER HUSBAND cannot!! I feel useless, pathetic, unworthy. I’m always overworked, half the time I can never eat dinner. And on top of all this, we live in a tiny RV!

So frankly, I’m super frustrated, overrwhelmed and ultra tired. Sleep will not come.

But my prayer is for my wife. PLEASE, I’m begging all of you, please pray for her, pray for her sanity and comfort.

What I have said may not seem like a big deal, but being here in the situation is a very big deal, especially for me having severe OCD that magnifies it all to the extreme!!

How much more can God “test” us? I want to scream! I’m sorry, just so…overwhelmed.

Our brother, you have as much right as any of our brothers and sisters to ask prayer for your needs…remember Jesus’ words, “love others as you love yourself

Jesus our brother and his wife need Your peace. Above all, they need Your peace, and confidence in Your love and caring for them both. Please give them these gifts.

Jesus please send this couple Your Holy Spirit of wisdom and peace so that they can begin to heal and find strategies to help each other to calm and peace. This need for peace of mind, of body, of soul is radically important in their lives, Jesus.

Jesus please help this wife’s doctor to find the root causes of her allegies rather than to just treat symptoms, and to clarify whether something in her diet eg wheat gluten or lactose or some other element is affecting her, or something else in her environment. Please help her to build up her immune system so that her allergies disappear, as it is not that You are testing this couple but that the underlying problems aren’t being found or addressed.

Jesus be gentle to our brother in his OCD, and help him to be gentle with himself. Help him to bathe in Your loving kindness and peace.

God bless you dear brother

Oh dear Lord, you’ve brought joyful tears to my eyes. Thank you so much Trishie hugs tightly:hug1:

Dark Warrior,
I pray for relief for you and your wife and that you can get some good restful sleep.

Thank you :o

kneels in respect

Dear St. Raphael,

On this feast day of the Holy Archangels, please grant healing to Dark Warrior’s wife through your kind intercession.

~~ the phoenix

Praying for you and yours Dark Warrior, let’s enlist these powerful Archangels in your battles…

***Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen. ***

† JMJTJ †

You and your wife will be in my prayers for your healing.
This too shall pass…one day at a time with God’s grace.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you † ***

Praying for your wife, and also praying for you, DW.

Holy Spirit, you are the source of all that Jesus promised us. Visit upon this family your gift of healing, protection, strength, courage, & most of all, peace. In the name of Christ Jesus. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.