Prayer for Young Family

I’ll try to be brief.

My son is leaving in 18 days for basic training for the Marine Corps. He will be leaving behind a young wife who is pregnant, and a 11 month old daughter. He is committed and convinced this is the right thing to do for all the right reasons. Problem is that financially their life is a disaster and wife is terrified about coping (understandably) while he is gone. It is causing them both tremendous stress. To be successful, he needs to be in good mental condition when he arrives in San Diego. Please pray for them - that they can place themselves in God’s hands, that they have courage for the future and can enjoy each other while accomplishing all that needs to be handled in this last 2+ weeks he has at home. His failure at this is not an option. Please keep them in your prayers. Thanks and God bless.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

Blessed be God our Father, who protects his children and does not spurn their prayers. Let us all humbly pray to him:

• Lord, give us light to see by.

We thank you, Lord, for sending us your only Son to enlighten us:
may his light fill us all day long.
Lord, send your wisdom to lead us through the day:
let us walk in the purity of a new life.
Give us the strength to endure adversity for your sake:
with courage let us serve you unceasingly.
Guide our thoughts, our feelings and our actions today,
so that we may serve you and follow you.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

We pray to you, Lord, the true Light and the creator of light.
May we keep our minds on what is holy
and live always in the brightness of your presence.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen

I will be praying for your son and his young family. May they find courage and strength through the Lord. God Bless.

cassie89:gopray:

Praying for them.

God bless,
Ut

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour
of our death
Amen

Father in Jesus’ name, please give this wife wisdom and confidence and help her to gently mature. Pleasegive this couple peace and mutual kindness in all aspects of their marriage. Help this husband to succeed in his intentions to support his family.

+JMJTJ+

These intentions will be in my prayers.

*Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

I have been there so I will lift my prayers for your son and his young family as often as I can. God provides and thank your son for me please.

Praying for your intentions

God bless

Prayers promised

Please thank your son for serving our country!
My prayers are being offered up for him and his young family now.

I am deeply grateful to all of you for prayers offered. I will be including all of you and asking God to bless you in my prayers. It means so much to me. Thank you.

Praying very hard for your son and his family! God bless and protect him and gratitude for his service to our country!

I am praying for your son and his family.

closed #15

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.