Prayer: How are they answered?

Prayer: How are they answered?

How do you deal with God’s responce?

This could simply be the way God works with me, but it seems like my prayers are usually answered with the opposite of what I've requested. God is pretty darn smart--much more so than I--and He always gets it right. :whacky:

I have assessed and reassessed my prayer life time and time again throughout my development, and I've come to the conclusion that the best prayer I can offer is that my heart and my will be open to His heart and His will only. We're working on it. :)

He responds by Yes, No, or later, depending on your REAL NEED, not your wants.

What a selfish modern society refuses to accept is that very often the best thing for a person can be:
to suffer, for wisdom comes from suffering
to die a good death
to go into situations that risk life, limb, money, and reputation

It aint all pie in the sky.

=Ophelia23;10247618]This could simply be the way God works with me, but it seems like my prayers are usually answered with the opposite of what I've requested. God is pretty darn smart--much more so than I--and He always gets it right. :whacky:

I have assessed and reassessed my prayer life time and time again throughout my development, and I've come to the conclusion that the best prayer I can offer is that my heart and my will be open to His heart and His will only. We're working on it. :)

Good answer:D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.