Prayer Intention for po18guy

Hey guys, I’m sure you are, for the most part, familiar with my dad po18guy who (from what I’ve heard) posts quite a bit on these forums.

Yesterday he had his first chemo treatment for his lymphoma cancer which took about roughly 3 hours since it was the first one. I waited there with my mom. Anyway, when he was done he only felt tired, which was to be expected; however, while in the car he got the chills, started violently shaking, and passed out. We drove him to the hospital (which was close and took less time than an ambulance) and apparently the chemo therapy had been extremely hard on his heart. He spent the night and now they’re going to transfer him to a larger hospital that is in conjunction with facility he’s getting his treatment. He’ll be in in-patient therapy for the cancer.

We (my family and I) would really appreciate your prayers. I don’t know what they’re going to do in terms of treatment if this is what happened. I don’t know what I can to do emphasize how important this is but I hope I got my point across.

Thank you so much and God Bless!

Dani girl, prayers sent out to your family. Hopefully he can get the best treatment possible by staying in the hospital. I will be thinking of and praying for, your father.

God bless

Dani Girl,
I Will Pray For Your Dad. St.peregrine Help Po18guy Get Through All Of This.
Grandma Glor

Thank you so much. We’ll be needing those prayers.

Yesterday was pretty scary and I don’t think I fully grasped how hard chemo really is on someone.

I will keep your dad in prayer tonight at Mass. On this, the Feast of the Assumption of Our Blessed Lady, I pray that she will intercede at the throne of her Son so that healing graces will come upon your dad, Dani Girl.

St. Peregrine, patron saint of cancer patients, pray for po18guy. :gopray:

po18guy is a very strong contributor on these forums. Prayer ascending.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying.:gopray:

Dani girl I will be praying for your dad and your family. Your dad has offered prayers and words of hope and encouragement to me and a lot of members here on the forum. I pray that God will be with him and your family during this difficult time. Please know that we are thinking of all of you. God Bless You.

On my prayer list…

May God bless you all with His grace, mercy and love. May your father be completely healed and be filled with peace as he undergo’s these treatments.

Praying for po18guy.

God Bless,
Prodigal Son1

***+JMJTJ+

Oh no; poor man!***
He will be in my prayers for his strength and healing!
Please give him our best wishes and tell him of our prayerful support.
Hope to have him back among the Prayer Warriors soon!

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Dani, please give your Dad our love and assure him of our prayers. He is well known to us in posts and we’re quite fond of him. I am sad to hear that he is struggling with this chemo, especially regarding his heart.

Give him a hug for me, Trishie

Dani,

Thanks for the update on your Dad. He has a lot of friends here and we appreciate knowing how he is doing.

Will especially remember him in my prayers tonight and over the weekend.

Prayers for your family as well…Simon

Oh my gosh, I’m so sad to hear this. I have been reading about your dad, and I pray that he overcomes this–chemo can be very hard at first, I have heard.

Prayers are going out for him and for all of you!

Praying!!

Will pray for your dad.

Continued prayers…:hug1:

Praying for po18guy.

God bless.

Thank you guys so much for your prayers, they’ve obviously helped tremendously!

He stayed in the hospital overnight and then he had to go again to continue his chemo because if you skip one day, it’s ineffective because it apparently has to be in his bloodstream for a full three days.

I’m pretty sure he’s back on now (how could we honestly keep him off?). I can not be grateful enough for everyone’s prayers.

Thank God everything is much better now. Thank you so much and God Bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.