Prayer Intentions - "Lord, I offer up this hour for..."

This is something I thought of when thinking about how St. Faustina prayed while she worked (which I saw in the DVD about her).

The purpose of this thread, hopefully, is to offer up a particular hour for a purpose so that whatever we’re doing, be it work, play, prayer, can be offered up as a prayer. List a prayer intention, then offer up a Hail Mary, or whatever prayer you feel is appropriate, and maybe what you’ll be doing that hour (Prayer, work, Mass, Adoration, volunteering, visiting someone, cooking a meal, etc.). The goal is to have something offered up for each hour. You could include the time, but that’s optional.

For example,

Lord, I offer up this hour for…

…the souls in Purgatory.

Eternal Rest, grant unto them O Lord, and may the perpetual light of Thine Mercy shine upon them, and grant them peace.
:signofcross:

…expectant mothers.

Hail Mary, full of grace. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

…Those who are poor.

I will pray the Litany of Saints…

Lord, I offer up this hour for those who are hungry.

*Hail Mary, Full of Grace. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I will pray the Evening Prayers of the LOTH, which I’m learning about.*

Lord, I offer up this hour for unborn children , that they may be considered as precious gifts of God , that may be given due respect to their rights to Life.

I will pray Litany of the Mercy of God .

Lord, I offer up this hour for all who have health problems particulary Judi, VitoJoseph, PO18Guy, Jollioki, Erin, Danny, Mike, Joe, Ron, George, Bob and all of those souls who need God’s love and mercy.

Also offer up for all looking for work.

Lord, I offer up this hour for all those in need of a nutritious dinner.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.