Prayer Intervention for my Son Needed

I ask that you pray for my son. His bad choices in life have finally caught up with him. In a way, I thank God for that, as he has gotten away with things for too long, and never really had to answer for his mistakes. Until now.

I am here today to ask for a prayer intervention for him to change his life. He has been away from God for many years, despite a Catholic school education. Substance abuse, flunked out of college, in trouble with the law, poor choices of friends, disrespectful to family, you name it, he’s done it.

Please, if you will, pray for my son, that his current situation will make him think about his life and what a mess he has made of it in 22 short years. Pray that he will use his intelligent mind to see that he is the one that has cased his own problems, and that only he can fix them. His mistakes and troubles are his own doing. Pray that he will be lead to an awakening of the truth.

Lord, I pray that you have broken my son down completely and that now you will build him up. You alone can change his life and make him whole again. I turn him over to you and ask that you do whatever is Your will for him. He is lost. He is in a place where only you can find him. Be by his side and shield him from harm. I ask this through the intercession of Your Most Holy Mother, Mary.

Continued prayers for your son’s conversion of heart, mind and spirit.

Irishmom, my dear friend , as you say , your son had a good Catholic education had good role models in his parents , but yet chose to make wrong choices in his life . There is a parallel here in the life of St Augustine , who had the good role model of a Christian
mother in St.Monica , but abandoned all to live a dissolute life . Through the intervention of his mother , and his conversion by St.Ambrose of Milan , he was brought back to God .
So on behalf of your son , I offer up the following prayer :

O FATHER of mercies, from whom cometh all that is good, I offer my humble petitions unto Thee through the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Thy dearly beloved Son, our Lord and Redeemer, in whom Thou art always well pleased and who loves Thee so much. Grant me the grace of a lively faith, a firm hope and an ardent charity toward Thee and toward my neighbour . Grant me also the grace to be truly penitent for all my sins together with a firm purpose of never offending Thee again; so that I may be enabled to live always according to Thy divine good-pleasure, to do Thy most holy will in all things with a generous and willing heart, and to persevere in Thy love even to the end of my life. Amen

:highprayer::signofcross:

Praying from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Most kind God, may we learn today to imitate you more closely.
Our nature fell with Adam: raise it to its feet.
– May your word be a lantern to guide our steps.

Give us your word as a lantern to guide our footsteps:
if we follow you truly, every action will increase our love.

Teach us to do faithfully what is good, for the sake of your name,
so that the Church shines more brightly on the whole family of man.

Give us sincere repentance: make us more and more seek your friendship
and atone for our sins against your wisdom and goodness.

Lord, I pray that you have broken my son down completely and that now you will build him up. You alone can change his life and make him whole again. I turn him over to you and ask that you do whatever is Your will for him. Awaken him to the truth of his life. He is lost. He is in a place where only you can find him. Be by his side and shield him from harm. I ask this through the intercession of Your Most Holy Mother, Mary.

Dear Lord, please burden this young man’s heart to turn away from trouble and to follow You. Please order his steps. Guide hus family so they know how to help.

Praying hard for your son.

Dear kind and loving Father,

We come to You with heavy burdens for Irishmom’s son. He has taken the wrong path in life as many have before. Please speak to him now, Lord. Call him to you. Let him hear Your voice in his desolation and give him the courage and fortitude to answer you. We know and trust that You will save him and redeem his life. We remember that you said, "with God, all things are possible. Dwell within him and transform this young man to the person You meant him to be. All this we ask for the Glory of God. In thanksgiving and praise we ask this in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Lord please hear our prayers for our friend’s son.He needs Your guidance and we pray You would bless him and lead him to good people who will influence his life toward positive goals.Please grant strength to his dear mother and father that they will continue to be the good inspiring parents they have been and will be able to endure all the worry and concerns.We pray that their son will open his heart and mind to Your will and turn away from these poor choices he has this far made.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers Amen

Our Blessed Lady we ask for your intercession for our friend’s son

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Irishmom, my dear friend , as you say , your son had a good Catholic education , had good role models in his parents , but yet chose to make wrong choices in his life . There is a parallel here in the life of St Augustine , who had the good role model of a Christian
mother in St.Monica , but abandoned all to live a dissolute life . Through the intervention of his mother , and his conversion by St.Ambrose of Milan , he was brought back to God .
So on behalf of your son , I offer up the following prayer :

O FATHER of mercies, from whom cometh all that is good, I offer my humble petitions unto Thee through the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Thy dearly beloved Son, our Lord and Redeemer, in whom Thou art always well pleased and who loves Thee so much. Grant me the grace of a lively faith, a firm hope and an ardent charity toward Thee and toward my neighbour . Grant me also the grace to be truly penitent for all my sins together with a firm purpose of never offending Thee again; so that I may be enabled to live always according to Thy divine good-pleasure, to do Thy most holy will in all things with a generous and willing heart, and to persevere in Thy love even to the end of my life. Amen

Lord, please do not abandon Irishmom2’s son and intervene in his life; please grant him a personal encounter with you and help him to open his heart and mind to you. He needs you now more than ever, and like the Prodigal Son, he is in the perfect position to realize the error of his ways and make his return to you. Like the Prodigal Son, may he be awaked to his need for you and may he return to you with a contrite heart and a willingness to live differently. Please grant that he will come to his senses and have a change of heart. May his guardian angel inspire him to pray, to do spiritual reading, to be respectful to his parents, to frequent the sacraments and may he cooperate with these graces. Please intervene in this young man’s life and have pity on his soul. Be merciful and grant him extra graces to move his heart to seek you, to love you, and to live a good life. Father, forgive him, for he knows not what he does. He is young and in need of much spiritual maturity; he needs many graces from your merciful hand. Please, in your mercy, give him the best chance to convert and be saved. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Pater noster, qui es in coelis: sanctificetur nomen tuum: adveniat regnum tuum:
fiat voluntas tua sicut in coelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie: et dimitte nobis debita nostra, sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem. Sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum; benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritu Sancto. Sicut erat in principio et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.

Lord please hear our prayers for our friend’s son.He needs Your guidance and we pray You would bless him and lead him to good people who will influence his life toward positive goals.Please grant strength to his dear mother and father that they will continue to be the good inspiring parents they have been and will be able to endure all the worry and concerns.We pray that their son will open his heart and mind to Your will and turn away from these poor choices he has this far made.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers Amen

Our Blessed Lady we ask for your intercession for our friend’s son

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Lord God ,please bless our dear friend’s son , guide him and lead him to good people who will help him to make the right choices in his life.Please grant strength to his dear mother and father so that they will continue to be the good and loving parents they have been and help them to endure all their worries and concerns. Grant Lord , that their son will open his heart and mind to Your will and turn away from the wrongful choices he has made so far . Merciful Lord , hear our prayers . Amen

Lord God , I offer up this prayer on behalf of Irishmom’s son .

Lord, I pray that you have broken my son down completely and that now you will build him up. You alone can change his life and make him whole again. I turn him over to you and ask that you do whatever is Your will for him. Awaken him to the truth of his life. He is lost. He is in a place where only you can find him. Be by his side and shield him from harm. I ask this through the intercession of Your Most Holy Mother, Mary.

Praying for you and your son …

Pater noster, qui es in coelis: sanctificetur nomen tuum: adveniat regnum tuum:
fiat voluntas tua sicut in coelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie: et dimitte nobis debita nostra, sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem. Sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum; benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritu Sancto. Sicut erat in principio et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.

Holy Mother Mary we ask for blessing and support for our friend’s son. May he be guided by the angels and God’s love to resolve the challenges in his life

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

– Lord, renew us by your grace.

Lord please hear our prayers for our friend's son.He needs Your guidance and we pray You would bless him and lead him to good people who will influence his life toward positive goals.Please grant strength to his dear mother and father that they will continue to be the good inspiring parents they have been and will be able to endure all the worry and concerns.We pray that their son will open his heart and mind to Your will and turn away from these poor choices he has this far made.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers Amen

Our Blessed Lady we ask for your intercession for our friend's son

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.