Prayer is a grace

Prayer is a grace. Use it wisely and frequently, for Jesus is eager to give mankind His Mercy - indeed, on one hand the Fire of Love and Mercy burns His Heart, clamoring to be spent, and on the other hand His Heart is sorrowful unto death for every soul lost to hell, and He thirsts very much for souls. Console the Lord Jesus Christ.

i definitely agree with you. :slight_smile: prayer is such a beautiful privilege that God has given to us in His infinite goodness, and i love to use it to draw closer to Him. while 2008 was a very inconsistent and lukewarm year when it came to my prayer life, one of my New Year’s Resolutions is to pray much more consistently and powerfully, and so far it has been going well, thank God! another one of my Resolutions is to pray not only for graces for myself, but for the salvation of others, so i have begun to pray the Rosary and several chaplets every night for this intention, and i have also prayed often for the Holy Souls in Purgatory. i plan to use this year to grow in my prayer life and to grow closer to Jesus and to our Blessed Mother through increased and more powerful prayer, and can’t wait to see the results. :slight_smile: i have been very inconsistent in praying for the salvation of my friends, i’m ashamed to say, but my final Resolution is to pray every night for them, and to ask others to pray as well.

when you say ‘console the Lord Jesus Christ,’ it reminds me of this beautiful prayer that i pray every night:

Promises of Consolation to Christ

We promise for the future that
We will console Thee, O Lord.

For the forgetfulness and ingratitude of men,

For the way Thou art neglected in Thy holy tabernacle,

For the crimes of sinners,

For the sacrileges which profane Thy Sacrament of Love,

For the irreverence displayed in Thy presence,

For the coldness on the part of Thy children,

For their contempt of Thy loving invitations,

For the faithlessness of those who call themselves Thy friends,

For the bad example we have given,

For the abuse of Thy grace,

For our long delay in loving Thee,

For our past sins,

For our own unfaithfulness,

For our indifference in Thy service,

For keeping Thee waiting at the door of our hearts,

For Thy sighs and tears,

God bless you, Eucharisted. this post is truly beautiful, heartfelt and meaningful, and i enjoyed it. :slight_smile: stay strong, and stay safe, and take care of yourself, and know that you, and everyone else on here, are in my constant thoughts and deepest prayers. it is my deep hope and prayer that you have a beautiful remainder of this glorious Christmas Season, and a blessed, fruitful New Year. God bless you! :slight_smile:

love,
in the peace and love of Christ,
alison :heart:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.